Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk inspection

looking for someone that could look at a Hawk in north Dakota

It seems that no one lives in North Dakota or no one wants to go there. Why don't you look for a Hawk in Florida instead.
    I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
      It seems that no one lives in North Dakota or no one wants to go there. Why don't you look for a Hawk in Florida instead.
      I have only been looking for 2 or 3 months ,but if you know of a rust free hawk ,I might look in to it

Comment

What year are you looking for? Has to be rust free? A Studebaker?!?! I think you're limited to southern Cal. or TX
        I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

North and South Dakota were pretty good for finding cars with very little rust, until South Dakota started using road salt about 1980. Before then the rust (if it had any) was caused by driving on dirt roads and having dirt accumulate in the fenders, and never cleaning them out. In the late 70's I worked on a newer Pontiac that could only hold half a tank of gas because the owner drove so fast on all the gravel roads that the stones beat the front of the tank back to about the center of the tank. I installed a new tank and put a heavy rubber flap in front of it, but I always hated meeting cars on gravel roads. It was a sure way to end of with cracked windshields and paint chips.

Comment

the one in N. D. is a 61 we had one when i was a kid, with a 4 speed ,i want a 4 speed car year is scondary ,I already have a 54 pick-up that some work so I would like to have a Hawk to drive now

Comment

There is a '57 Silver Hawk with 3speed/overdrive for sale in the Portland, Oregon area. For sale by the son of the late owner, a person I knew. Asking $8000.00 probably negotiable. Rick Sorrell 503-969-7854 early evenings. Classified ad was in our Chapter's "Northwest Newsletter"

Comment

Working...
              X