Can anyone recall this dealership in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recall this dealership in New Orleans

I'm posting this for a friend who is a bit intimidated by posting these things here.

She is looking for a relative who worked at a Studebaker dealership in the 40's. If anyone remembers this dealership and could send her an email, she'd really appreciate it. In her own words:

"I would like to know if anyone remembers the Studebaker dealershipin New Orleans, (maybe near a drugstore?) in the early 1940's and ifanyone remembers a Don David Ingram or Ingraham who we believe worked there?Any information would be appreciated."

Her email address is:

Jane Brayton, braytonchr@gmail.com

If anyone remembers this dealership and could help her with information, I'm sure she would appreciate it.

There was a Studebaker Dealer from New Orleans featured in the 1964 Studebaker Model lineup film.
    Fellow was taking delivery of a new Daytona convertible.
    Dealership featured looked to be an older downtown type.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I seem to remember that dealer was "Studebaker Knoxville" in TN, in that video.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

If you do locate this person, ask her if she remembers the prototype '53 convertible that Ed now owns: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ent-City-Comet

Craig

Comment

I think you are correct Bill. Another senior moment! Oh well, first thing goes is the brain and I can't remember the rest!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

One dealer in New Orleans in 52 was Crescent City Motors I have a 52 Champion parts car that had a chrome dealer name on it.

Comment

• traveling.geocacher
              traveling.geocacher commented
              Editing a comment
              Doug, If you still have the dealer name on the part, I sure would love a picture.
              Chris

I know this tread is 6 years old but I just signed up for the forum. My grandfather, Charles Eickel, was a part owner in Crescent City Motors and my Dad and his brothers worked there. As a kid, we would go there and watch the Mardi Gras parades. They would clear out the 2nd floor and the families would have pot luck lunch and dinner. Unfortunately I don't remember anyone's names.
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X