Headlights - No Availablilty???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights - No Availablilty???

Finally stopped at my local (not-NAPA) store to buy some halogen headlights for the '64 Cruiser. They had the low beams (5006) but not the high beams (5001). Guy went to his computer and it showed No Availability for halogen 5001 headlights.

Are high beam headlights no longer available???

Frank Starr
    Seattle

Sylvania shows them in their catalog.
    Jeff[8D]

Par46 5001
    SYLVANIA is the leading automotive lighting supplier, providing high performance lighting products. Use our bulb replacement guide to find the right bulb that fits your vehicle.

quote:Originally posted by Frank Starr

Finally stopped at my local (not-NAPA) store to buy some halogen headlights for the '64 Cruiser. They had the low beams (5006) but not the high beams (5001). Guy went to his computer and it showed No Availability for halogen 5001 headlights.

Frank Starr
    Seattle
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sylvania shows them in their catalog.
      Jeff[8D]

Par46 5001
      SYLVANIA is the leading automotive lighting supplier, providing high performance lighting products. Use our bulb replacement guide to find the right bulb that fits your vehicle.

Frank Starr
      Seattle

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, I was just looking at their online catalog which shows them. But, as we know, that doesn't mean too much.

Frank

Comment

Yes, I was just looking at their online catalog which shows them. But, as we know, that doesn't mean too much.

Frank

Comment

Well,
            'We' know Autozone has them listed on their website (5001 and H5001).
            PartsAmerica (Advance/Discount Auto parts) the same....
            O'Reilly Auto parts shows them too.
            But we all know how Goole works, don't we
            I was just trying to help Frank.....
            Jeff[8D]

Frank

Jeff

Comment

Well,
              'We' know Autozone has them listed on their website (5001 and H5001).
              PartsAmerica (Advance/Discount Auto parts) the same....
              O'Reilly Auto parts shows them too.
              But we all know how Goole works, don't we
              I was just trying to help Frank.....
              Jeff[8D]

Frank

Jeff

Comment

Frank,
                I just checked our 'Canadian Tire" online catalogue and they show a H5001 available for $14.99. Appreciate that does not help you directly, but if a Canadian retailer sells them, you should be able to find them in the US.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                [img]
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Frank,
                  I just checked our 'Canadian Tire" online catalogue and they show a H5001 available for $14.99. Appreciate that does not help you directly, but if a Canadian retailer sells them, you should be able to find them in the US.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  [img]
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Jeez, relax, Deepnhock.

I'll try a NAPA store.

Frank Starr
                    Seattle

Comment

Jeez, relax, Deepnhock.

I'll try a NAPA store.

Frank Starr
                      Seattle

Comment

If you install both halogen high and low beams, be sure to install a relay system. Ask me how I know.
                        Actually, you should install a relay system anyhow.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                        Museum R-4 engine
                        1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                        1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

If you install both halogen high and low beams, be sure to install a relay system. Ask me how I know.
                          Actually, you should install a relay system anyhow.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                          Museum R-4 engine
                          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I had the same problem with corvair headlights. Napa and autozone couldn't get 'em. Went to Amazon.com and I ordered a pair of Sylvanias for cheeeeep! Try it. Ernie

Comment

I had the same problem with corvair headlights. Napa and autozone couldn't get 'em. Went to Amazon.com and I ordered a pair of Sylvanias for cheeeeep! Try it. Ernie

Comment

Working...
                              X