2017 Studebaker National Drags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Studebaker National Drags

Studebaker Drags, May 26th and 27th. This year on Friday 26th at 5:30PM we will have a catered dinner, and Rose’s desserts at our home. May 27th Saturday, at 9:00AM Brown County Dragway, Bean Blossom, Indiana for racing and car show.
    This is*our tenth year so it would be nice to have a big crowd. We had Lots of racers and spectators*again last year. We also attracted new members.
    We have arranged for a discount on rooms at the Seasons Lodge, ask for it when you make reservations. That information is below. There is trailer parking available.
    For more places to stay, go to the other link below.
    Look in TW, “What’s Happening” racing section for more information.*
    Richard & Rose Poe*812-988-2008
    Roserichpoe@att.net
    Seasons Lodge and Conference Center
    560 East State Road 46, Nashville, IN, 47448
    Directions
    800.365.7327 / 812.988.2284

http://www.browncounty.com/places-to/stay?dt[]=28x
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

It is getting time to let our R-2 equipped 1941 Champion stretch its legs again. I have not run it since doing some upgrades like a higher stall converter. So we hope to be able to come again this time.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Robin and I will be there with the '64 hardtop. Looking forward to great pie and big smokey burnouts!
      Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona Hardtop
      1962 Champ Truck
      1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Frank,
        It would be good to see you come back this year. This is the tenth year we have done this and you were here the first year. Your '41 is a great looking car.
        Richard
        Attached Files
        The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Neil,
          Looking forward to seeing you guys again. I guess Robin is going to give you a chance to try and avenge last year! Rose's Pie will again be on the menu along with Pulled pork catered at our home by The Trolley.
          See you then.
          Richard
          Delivery & Pickup Options - 19 reviews and 22 photos of Trolly's BBQ "Oh my god. How has no one written anything about this place??? The smell when you come down the hill into town on 135 is coming from this place. And it tastes even better than it smells. I love their pulled pork. They offer sliders as well as full sized sandwiches. The reason I like the sliders is because they have a station where you add your own sauce. And three sliders lets you try three sauces. And you're going to want to try at least three. They offer combos that come with a drink and potato salad, which is amazing. My only issue with it is that I don't get enough. Not to say it's an unfair portion, just that I'm a glutton. They offer things besides pulled pork but I can't begin to imagine why anyone would want something else. The other thing I like about this place is the outdoor seating. They're really just a long bench with a tray built into the railing. But it allows you to watch the crowds on the street passing by while you eat."

Comment

We will update our drag race information on the Indy Chapter SDC site. So check here http://indychaptersdc.org/ or call me for information.
            Richard

Comment

Studebaker National Drags and Orphan Drags Update.
              We have a block of rooms available at a discount at The Seasons Lodge In Nashville, Indiana. These rooms will be released on April 26th. If you need a room call them at The Seasons Lodge
              seasonslodge.com
              560 State Road 46 E, Nashville, IN 47448
              (800) 365-7327

Richard

Comment

If I can get a working overdrive in my 52, I might come. Maybe not to race, but I would like to be there. I may need to sell some more of my stash (Stude parts not the other kind of stash ) to afford the return trip to Indiana after the IM.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                X