1880s Wagonaire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1880s Wagonaire!

I can't help myself! Here's an original 1880s WAGONAIRE!! And here you thought that model came out in 1963!

I just love public ignorance! It wouldn't have taken but a little time to research this vehicle on line. Honestly, too funny! For those who don't know, this is a seriously NICE Buckboard. Studebaker literally made tens of thousands of them over a fifty year period and shipped them worldwide. The suspension on this dates it late nineteenth to early twentieth, 1880s is possible, though unlikely. The price is just nutty, or greedy, your guess is as good as mine. I would place the value on this at around twenty-five hundred to four thousand at best. I don't think the oval placards on the seat riser said Studebaker originally although they just might have. It usually would have borne the owner's initials or monogram. Likely someone's parents died and they found this in the shed. CHA-CHING!! Oh look, a valuable antique wagon!! It'll likely be on the 'bay for a year or two...

sorry about the size of these pictures. The forum won't allow me to resize them anymore for some reason.

Last edited by studeclunker; 02-20-2017, 10:18 PM.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Here's another nice, though somewhat overpriced Studebaker Sleigh on the 'bay:

If the paint was in better condition, the forty-five hundred asked for it would be a fair price. Even though purple was an odd colour for that time...

Ron Smith

Comment

If about 20 of us contact the guy and make fun of his mistake, he'll correct it.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Just for referrence's sake, this is a four thousand dollar sleigh:

Ron Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          If about 20 of us contact the guy and make fun of his mistake, he'll correct it.

Sometimes that helps, more often not. Stubborn ignorance becomes stupidity quickly. Then again, they just might listen if several people told them the same thing tactfully. There is a Harewood Gig on the 'bay that has not sold now for over two years. The price hasn't changed and they still insist it's "restored". If it is, it's a terrible job. They've had twenty or thirty people point out the facts to them and stubbornly continue with it as is. Some people there's no point giving them the facts as their minds are made up.
          Ron Smith

Comment

I could be wrong, but I suspect the seller using the term 'Wagonaire' in the title is nothing more than an attention grabber. (And it obviously worked!)

Nowhere in his description is he implying it actually is a 'Wagonaire'.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X