todays work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays work

I refurbished another set of gauges, even had to make a clock part in order to get the clock working.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170214_171947394.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1753560Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170215_180115402.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1753561
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Nice work. That dash/gauge cluster is sending mixed messages.

Comment

That is sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        I refurbished another set of gauges, even had to make a clock part in order to get the clock working.[ATTACH=CONFIG]62128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]62129[/ATTACH]
        Beautiful. Did you take a "before" picture?
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Great looking dash!

Comment

I agree, beautiful dash. Busy looking one too. Is this for a Hawk?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

brad is that the factory color for the 63 avanti dash. reason i ask is i here they fade to a off white and it should be fawn, which is very dark looking.
              1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
              Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                Beautiful. Did you take a "before" picture?
                Not with this set, but generally they look something like this.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4 (1).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1712510Seems the glass gets dirty even behind the front, and the needles fade. Rings get polished, if not too bad, or get rechromed otherwise.
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948

Comment

Brad, your talent is way underappreciated. I've attempted doing gauges and the amount of work needed is unbelievable. Congrats to you for your high standards and the beauty of your work. Bill

Comment

Nice work Brad. Wished my gt dash looked that nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Endl98 View Post
                      brad is that the factory color for the 63 avanti dash. reason i ask is i here they fade to a off white and it should be fawn, which is very dark looking.
                      Having redone my door panels on my 63, the excess "fawn" vinyl, wrapped and glued to the backing, never exposed to sunlight, is very light "beige" almost antique white. Perhaps someone with the original option book, still has the samples but the "elk" is somewhat darker, but still pretty "light" in color compared to what I have seen offered as replacements for it. So BEZ's color seems about right-especially accounting for the lighting.

Comment

Not with this set, but generally they look something like this.[ATTACH=CONFIG]62140[/ATTACH]Seems the glass g

ets dirty even behind the front, and the needles fade. Rings get polished, if not too bad, or get rechromed otherwise.
                        This is about how my gauges look. What do you do to restore color on the needles?
                        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                        50 Champion 2 door*
                        53 Commander K Auto*
                        53 Commander K overdrive*
                        55 President Speedster
                        62 GT 4Speed*
                        63 Avanti R1*
                        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Getting the bezels off and on is the hard part. Once off, I clean with denatured alcohol. then let it dry, and clean it again. That gets the yellowing off the numbers. Then everything is carefully repainted, (needles. and any scratches in the black. Don't worry if the black looks greyish after cleaning. The next step takes care of that. Get a GOOD quality SEMI GLOSS clear LACQUER. and spray the whole face, carefully move the needles so there isn't a paint"shadow under them. Don't get any overspray in the speedometer, tach, or clock works. Sand blast the light diffuser rings. Paint the back side white, and after dry the front side semi flat black. Roll the chrome bezels back on with a blunt piece o polished steel. Never, never, never hit the instrument or use a punch to tap the bezels back on....never.
                          Bez Auto Alchemy
                          573-318-8948

Comment

Getting the bezels off and on is the hard part. Once off, I clean with denatured alcohol. then let it dry, and clean it again. That gets the yellowing off the numbers. Then everything is carefully repainted, (needles. and any scratches in the black. Don't worry if the black looks greyish after cleaning. The next step takes care of that. Get a GOOD quality SEMI GLOSS clear LACQUER. and spray the whole face, carefully move the needles so there isn't a paint"shadow under them. Don't get any overspray in the speedometer, tach, or clock works. Sand blast the light diffuser rings. Paint the back side white, and after dry the front side semi flat black. Roll the chrome bezels back on with a blunt piece o polished steel. Never, never, never hit the instrument or use a punch to tap the bezels back on....never.
                            Good to hear that you're FINALLY using LACQUER!!!!

Comment

Only because it dries fast.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948

Comment

Working...
                              X