What is this hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this hose?

I was looking at this GT Hawk on ebay and noticed a hose that looked out of place. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Studeba...m=351981517633 Is this for a driver's side heater?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 52-fan; 02-14-2017, 07:48 AM. Reason: resize picture
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Climitizer heater core bypassed?
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

under the seat heater...

Comment

The reason I asked was because this hose is on the driver's side and I only see one. The in and out hoses for the normal passenger side heater are easy to spot.
        Attached Files
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

It looks like the driver side heater hose, and I think the other hose is mostly covered by other car parts.
          I think I see the edge of the other hose about a foot forward of this hose.

Comment

It is either one of the two Auxiliary Heater Hoses or a Rear Seat footwell drain hose!
            It is hard to tell from the bottom and the too close up cluttered Pic, where it actually goes.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There's a photo of the auxiliary heater option here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...eater-question

Craig

Comment

My 1st thought was a "common" return line. Then it looks like a blower motor forward and outward about 6 inches . Is this a test question, or can you look under the driver's side seat and confirm an aux. heater core..?

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  There's a photo of the auxiliary heater option here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...eater-question

Craig
                  In 52-fan's picture, it looks like the auxiliary heater blower motor is showing and the hose that goes to the core. It's also curious that the picture of the auxiliary heater in 8E45E's reference apparently shows the regular Climatizer missing and blocked off and the auxiliary heater wouldn't have any fresh air from outside going to it (which it doesn't anyway.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1712481
                  Last edited by 56GH; 02-15-2017, 09:32 AM. Reason: More information
                  Bill L.
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X