Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Stude Coverage in Muscle Car Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Stude Coverage in Muscle Car Review!

We've scored another excellent piece in an overall muscle car article, this one in the January 2008 Muscle Car Review.

The front cover entices readers with a screaming headline, "Pure Stock Speed Secrets." Inside, writer Tom Shaw's feature article runs for eight pages, beginning on Page 16 with the headline, "Speed Secrets of The Pure Stock Drags." One individual photo and write-up is devoted to each make of car.

And what is the very first make discussed, spread across Pages 16 and 17? None other than "Fastest Studebaker: The Plain Brown Wrapper!" The photo is one of the races at The 2007 Pure Stock Drags and is [fortunately] at the starting line, before the Marina Blue SS396/375HP 1969 Malibu hardtop in the other lane got too far ahead. [V]

This is unusually nice coverage for our favorite marque, and is worth a trip to the newsstand to buy a copy. (And John Poulos' famous [u]karma wheel </u>must have been in overdrive during mid-October: About the time I was writing the caption for the Page 9 photo in the January 2008 Turning Wheels, Tom Shaw had to be working at his desk in Florida, penning this material for the January 2008 Muscle Car Review!)

[^] Again, this is an excellent piece; accurate and nicely done. Tom Shaw will be getting a copy of the January 2008 Turning Wheels; I'll be sure to include a personal note, thanking him for his nice Studebaker presentation in the January 2008 Muscle Car Review, now on newsstands. [] BP

P.S. Before anybody buys the magazine and brings it to my attention: Yes, the gorgeous 1960 Chrysler 300F convertible featured elsewhere in the magazine, with the immaculate, beautifully-detailed engine compartment, does not have a battery hold-down of any type! [:0]
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.
Working...
X