X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Day In Studebaker History - 1921

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I guess they finally decided that new fangled AUTOMOBILE was not just a passing fad after all. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I guess they finally decided that new fangled AUTOMOBILE was not just a passing fad after all. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Well most of Studebaker wagon sales were in the west and overseas and the hand writing was on the walls so time to say good bye to horse drawn productin. A good Stude decision especially producung many wagons for use in WW1.

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Well most of Studebaker wagon sales were in the west and overseas and the hand writing was on the walls so time to say good bye to horse drawn productin. A good Stude decision especially producung many wagons for use in WW1.

See you in the future as I write about our past
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Actually, it was a momentous occasion to sell the wagon producing part of the business. The "brothers" weren't really SOLD on the idea of self-propelled autos. As it was they only built electric cars at first and the gasoline powered vehicles were built with the help of E.M.F.
            Thank goodness they finally saw the light and bought into the idea that automobiles were the way to go.
            Lucky for us too.
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Actually, it was a momentous occasion to sell the wagon producing part of the business. The "brothers" weren't really SOLD on the idea of self-propelled autos. As it was they only built electric cars at first and the gasoline powered vehicles were built with the help of E.M.F.
              Thank goodness they finally saw the light and bought into the idea that automobiles were the way to go.
              Lucky for us too.
              Rog

Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Lucky for us too.
                Rog

Ok so who did they sell it too? And I wonder how long they built the wagon that help tame the west?

Randy_G
                1959 Lark Sedan
                This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by raprice

Lucky for us too.
                  Rog

Ok so who did they sell it too? And I wonder how long they built the wagon that help tame the west?

Randy_G
                  1959 Lark Sedan
                  This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G
                    Ok so who did they sell it too?
                    The patterns, blueprints, finished wagons, parts and stock were sold to the Kentucky Wagon Company of Louisville. When the sale occurred in 1921, the BOD approved the use of the Studebaker name on the wagons for a period of time as long as the original patterns and designs were utilized. They were Kentucky wagons, but labeled as "The Studebaker Model" allowing them to take advantage of Studebaker's reputation and name recognition.

I believe the agreement was extended into the late '20's and allowed Studebaker to continue to derive income from the sale. The irony is that Kentucky actually dabbled with electric and gasoline powered vehicles before shutting down in the mid '30's.

Comment

The patterns, blueprints, finished wagons, parts and stock were sold to the Kentucky Wagon Company of Louisville. When the sale occurred in 1921, the BOD approved the use of the Studebaker name on the wagons for a period of time as long as the original patterns and designs were utilized. They were Kentucky wagons, but labeled as "The Studebaker Model" allowing them to take advantage of Studebaker's reputation and name recognition.

I believe the agreement was extended into the late '20's and allowed Studebaker to continue to derive income from the sale. The irony is that Kentucky actually dabbled with electric and gasoline powered vehicles before shutting down in the mid '30's.

Comment

On this date in 1953, the greatest Country music singer/wrighter that ever lived was laid to rest. Hank Williams Sr. NT

Neil Thornton
                        Hazlehurst, GA
                        '57 Silver Hawk
                        '56 Sky Hawk
                        '51 2R16 dump truck
                        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

On this date in 1953, the greatest Country music singer/wrighter that ever lived was laid to rest. Hank Williams Sr. NT

Neil Thornton
                          Hazlehurst, GA
                          '57 Silver Hawk
                          '56 Sky Hawk
                          '51 2R16 dump truck
                          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I wonder if the Kentucky Wagon Co. later became the Kentucky Trailers they make 18 wheeler trailers, something I need to look into.

update, I have e-mailed the Kentucky trailer co. lets see what response I get! Thank you Gary!

Randy_G
                            1959 Lark Sedan

Edited for spelling errors and updates..[V]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I wonder if the Kentucky Wagon Co. later became the Kentucky Trailers they make 18 wheeler trailers, something I need to look into.

update, I have e-mailed the Kentucky trailer co. lets see what response I get! Thank you Gary!

Randy_G
                              1959 Lark Sedan

Edited for spelling errors and updates..[V]

Comment

Working...
                              X