TW Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Covers

I know there is a thread somewhere about the covers on the January TW, but I can't find it (didn't look too hard )

Joe's Hawk is just stunning []. I've lusted after it since the day it was first posted here. Unique and beautiful color combination.

The picture of Gary's buggy is outstanding [:0]. I know he posted that picture here, but I never tire of it. Great setting, and it is technically excellent...exposure, focus, composition.

Thanks Joe, Gary, and Art for these pictures. Easily worth my annual SDC dues right there.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick,

Thanks for the props. I have added the "cover shot" picture of the buggy over on the Members' Studebakers section of the forum. The pictures were literally done on the run. On my way back from a local meet, I pulled into the best old line, blue blood neighborhood in Richmond. I had been in the area running not long before that and had seen a nice tree lined street with loads of leaves on the road. However, when I got there, someone was parked on the side of the road and another person was mowing their yard.

I went deeper into the neighborhood and found another setting. I unloaded the buggy and set it up in front of the women's club. This group of pictures resulted in the cover shot.

I chose the fence as a background as it had a colonial look to it. It was late in the day (around 4:00 the first weekend in November) and the location was completely in the shadows.

I also took some next door at an old carriage shed. I tried various positions, in front of the doors, out on the sidewalk, but the background was too monochromatic.

Finally I took it across the road where there is a large common area in front of a church. Several women came by walking their foo foo dogs and asked if I was there for a wedding (and another asked about my "sleigh"). I took this last picture in the sunlight there, it probably would have been better if I had shot it higher.

Chester Bradfield had called me on Monday and offered me a number of extra cover shots and they came in the mail today. Since you are such a fine fellow, I will mail you a copy. Do you want it autographed or plain?

Decimal Dude

PS - Check STT. I suggested you might be able to help Michael Webb on a Champ pickup.

Comment

Dick,

Thanks for the props. I have added the "cover shot" picture of the buggy over on the Members' Studebakers section of the forum. The pictures were literally done on the run. On my way back from a local meet, I pulled into the best old line, blue blood neighborhood in Richmond. I had been in the area running not long before that and had seen a nice tree lined street with loads of leaves on the road. However, when I got there, someone was parked on the side of the road and another person was mowing their yard.

I went deeper into the neighborhood and found another setting. I unloaded the buggy and set it up in front of the women's club. This group of pictures resulted in the cover shot.

I chose the fence as a background as it had a colonial look to it. It was late in the day (around 4:00 the first weekend in November) and the location was completely in the shadows.

I also took some next door at an old carriage shed. I tried various positions, in front of the doors, out on the sidewalk, but the background was too monochromatic.

Finally I took it across the road where there is a large common area in front of a church. Several women came by walking their foo foo dogs and asked if I was there for a wedding (and another asked about my "sleigh"). I took this last picture in the sunlight there, it probably would have been better if I had shot it higher.

Chester Bradfield had called me on Monday and offered me a number of extra cover shots and they came in the mail today. Since you are such a fine fellow, I will mail you a copy. Do you want it autographed or plain?

Decimal Dude

PS - Check STT. I suggested you might be able to help Michael Webb on a Champ pickup.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Let me know if you want any special inscription and I will get it in the mail to you. Consider it as my birthday gift to you.
        Thanks, Gary. VERY special!

How about...

To Dick on his 60th...I hope you age as well as this Studebaker buggy has.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Let me know if you want any special inscription and I will get it in the mail to you. Consider it as my birthday gift to you.
          Thanks, Gary. VERY special!

How about...

To Dick on his 60th...I hope you age as well as this Studebaker buggy has.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Do you want it autographed or plain?
            Autographed, of course [^]. It will go right up with my autographed picture of Ted and the Chicken Hawk [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Do you want it autographed or plain?
              Autographed, of course [^]. It will go right up with my autographed picture of Ted and the Chicken Hawk [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Comment

Comment

Where's the horse, Gary? [:0] BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob,

You need to visit the Studebaker Truck Site more often. This is what will be pulling me and the buggy next year in Lancaster.

The two folks occupying the outfit will remain nameless, but one is the roster keeper of the Truck Farmers and the other is from Canada and has a wife named Judy.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob,

You need to visit the Studebaker Truck Site more often. This is what will be pulling me and the buggy next year in Lancaster.

The two folks occupying the outfit will remain nameless, but one is the roster keeper of the Truck Farmers and the other is from Canada and has a wife named Judy.

Comment

Which one will be occupying the rear position?

[)]

(ducking for cover)

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Which one will be occupying the rear position?

[)]

(ducking for cover)

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X