52 2 door Sedan dragstrip car found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 2 door Sedan dragstrip car found

Last weekend out at Chuck's Mike Lynch and I are walking the property and stopped at a homely 52 sedan. We noticed paint markings on the door. We could make out C/Class and some other wording there abouts It looked to have a stock V-8 motor in it and a floor shifter other than that most people would walk right past it just as most did with The Whistler. Sorry did not take any pictures of it will try to next time. Just thought I'd bring that up. Didn't think much of it when we found it but now I'm thinking its quite interesting. Thanks John

Originally posted by studejohn View Post
    Last weekend out at Chuck's Mike Lynch and I are walking the property and stopped at a homely 52 sedan. We noticed paint markings on the door. We could make out C/Class and some other wording there abouts It looked to have a stock V-8 motor in it and a floor shifter other than that most people would walk right past it just as most did with The Whistler. Sorry did not take any pictures of it will try to next time. Just thought I'd bring that up. Didn't think much of it when we found it but now I'm thinking its quite interesting. Thanks John
    I took photos of many of the '50-'52's, but don't see any marking on doors. What color was it? Rust? There was a '55 with a hood scoop and pins and a floor shift too.

Comment

I believe it was a light blue and mostly rust now. It's sits on the main row two or three cars from the end. Towards the garage. And yes I have looked at the 55 also but didn't notice any markings on it. It was good to talk to you on Saturday discovered the marking Saturday night.

Comment

This photo is the only '52 two-door sedan I took. I doubt it's the same one, but I can't see the door that well. It doesn't look banged up, so it's a candidate for restoration.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebakers - welder 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	1712482

Comment

Here are photos of the car and portions of lettering that are still visible!

Name:	IMG_2698.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1712500Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2697.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1712501Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2690.jpg
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1712502

Name:	IMG_2691.jpg
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1712503Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2692.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1712504Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2694.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1712505Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2696.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1712506
          Mike Lynch
          Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
          Alan Taylor

Comment

My bad 1951 drag car found Thanks john

Comment

The drag car has been sold to a lucky Mesa Arizona man

Comment

Glad to see it got saved. I've been nosing around the net to see if I spot any info. Nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                  The drag car has been sold to a lucky Mesa Arizona man
                  Well, I'm from Alberta, but wintering in Apache Junction. I can see Mesa from here, though.

Made it back to AJ with the Zip Van. Trailer blew a tire right at the Tom Mix memorial south of Florence. They sent a road service guy out to change the wheel. No harm done. Had lots of time to admire the monument.
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I drove one of Tom Mix's Rolls Royce cars once way back when..
                    First time I ever drove a RHD. First time I ever shifted with my left hand.
                    First time I was ever scared $#!tless about crashing someone else's vintage car...
                    T'was a good memory, though...
                    (Here's a pic of that car)

Originally posted by gordr View Post
                    <snip> Trailer blew a tire right at the Tom Mix memorial south of Florence. They sent a road service guy out to change the wheel. No harm done. Had lots of time to admire the monument.
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

And Tom Mix got killed driving his Cord, which would probably explain the location of the memorial: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Tom-Mix-s-Cord

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X