Fog lamp ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lamp ID

I could not locate any part number markings. Can someone shed some light on to which year(s) these are from?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fog lamps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1753523
    I would need a match for a 55 President if someone might have a spare that's going to York.

Thanks,
    Brett

It's very difficult to tell the difference between a '53/'54 fog light and a '55 fog light until you try to install one on a '55 bumper. The difference is in the contoured fit to the face of the bumper. Someone who's really familiar with the two may be able to identify them from that side view. They are also left and right specific. There are always individuals, as well as sets at York, but you really need to know what you're looking for. And the shiny ones aren't cheap.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The short ones are 55. The deeper ones are 53/54. You want the shorter for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
        The short ones are 55. The deeper ones are 53/54. You want the shorter for your car.
        Unless, as was my case, someone trimmed a '53/'54 housing for reasons unknown. The requisite test is fitment.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the info. Unpacking some part boxes and haven't been able to get to the car yet to test fit. I don't think that one lamp housing is trimmed but duly noted.

Comment

Working...
          X