Lovely Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Day

It was a beautiful day here in Southern New Jersey, sunny and 57 degrees. Quite unusual here in February,
    Took the Wagonaire out for a spin around town, smiles and thumbs up from fellow motorists.
    Good to get rid of those spiders who insist on making a home under my car.
    Enjoyed some Studebaker time.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Any pics ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Kudos on getting the ol' girl out and about. They were meant to be driven!
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Today was very nice down here in western South Carolina. Here, we have had four seasons in just a few weeks! Not long ago, I was trudging through snow & breaking ice so my animals could get a drink of water. Today...shirt sleeves! Trying to get my Dodge Ram ready for the trip to York. Removed the headlights and polished the plastic lens enough to let light through. Spent some time tinkering with other machinery, and finally drove the Ram over to the shop that replaced my driver's door (from a hit & run accident) and had them to "bend" the new door to fit better. It was allowing too much wind noise, and when driving in the rain, leaked water. They actually fixed it while I waited. Went by the parts store for a case of oil & a filter.

By the time I returned home, clouds had come over the mountains, and I had to scramble to put up the tools I had left out. Just as I put up the last tools, and closed the barn doors, it began to sprinkle rain. I walked out to where my hens hang out, and found two fresh laid eggs. ON the way back to the house, was a beautiful late day scene. The setting sun had found an opening in the clouds along the western horizon, and illuminated a beautiful full arch rainbow east of us. I had to hurry to the back door and call my wife to come for a look.

Less than an hour later, I remembered a door I had left open in one building. After walking out in the dark to close that door, I had to pause for a moment and listen...little "peeper" frogs off in the distance, down in the "holler" (That's southern speak meaning "down where the creek & swamp is). Since I was a kid, I've always looked forward to hearing those little frogs. That, and buds on the maple trees let us know, spring's coming! Yep, a lovely day indeed!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Also in the 50's in South Bend. Saw 5 Robins in the back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
            It was a beautiful day here in Southern New Jersey, sunny and 57 degrees. Quite unusual here in February,
            Took the Wagonaire out for a spin around town, smiles and thumbs up from fellow motorists.
            Good to get rid of those spiders who insist on making a home under my car.
            Enjoyed some Studebaker time.
            Good for you!

Comment

57 Pack have you posted pics of that wagoneer?

Comment

I didn't take any photos today. I have some photos from September in the tablet. I will see if I can get some posted tomorrow.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1712379 here's a photo of my Wagonaire from last September.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Today at Table Rock Lake near Branson. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170207_170622966.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1712381 Really warm here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rainy in Northern CA, but I did drive the problem child (64 GT Hawk) home from the mechanics today...she ran much better with the rebuilt carb....now let's see how the choke works in the morning? Sure could use some "good behavior" from her for a change.
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                      X