New 'scammers' in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'scammers' in town

A friend of mine just alerted me to the fact that they had seem my car advertised for sale on an internet site that I have never heard of. The ad says that my car is on consignment. I had an ad running on Craig's List. These scammers hi-jacked that ad word for word including all the pictures I had posted. I get calls all the time from people who want me to send $300 and $400 so they can advertise my cars for me and I politely tell them "not interested". I suppose were going to find out in time what their little game is. The name of this particular site is 'classiccarsaarena.com'. I guess they are not aware that the pictures are my property and in order to use them legally they must have my permission. That's the law~!

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
    I guess they are not aware that the pictures are my property and in order to use them legally they must have my permission. That's the law~!
    Oh, they are aware of that. But they are scammers -- they don't abide by the law.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      Oh, they are aware of that. But they are scammers -- they don't abide by the law.
      Once a picture is posted on the internet, it is hard to defend your rights unless it is marked that it is copy righted.
      It was once a good money making scam by patent trolls to sue everybody and some people got scared and paid the ransom.
      The courts have put them out of business .
      Google "Patent trolls legislation" and "Copy right trolls legislation
      Last edited by rkapteyn; 02-02-2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I'd assume that they find a buyer, then buy yours and "flip" it. Now that may play 2 ways. You might, just might be able to scam the scammers. get a fake buyer with a fake check to buy the car. Sell these folks your real car for real money. Then let them deal with the "Scammer" LMAO!
        Scam the Scammer.....

Comment

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
          A friend of mine just alerted me to the fact that they had seem my car advertised for sale on an internet site that I have never heard of. The ad says that my car is on consignment. I had an ad running on Craig's List. These scammers hi-jacked that ad word for word including all the pictures I had posted. I get calls all the time from people who want me to send $300 and $400 so they can advertise my cars for me and I politely tell them "not interested". I suppose were going to find out in time what their little game is. The name of this particular site is 'classiccarsaarena.com'. I guess they are not aware that the pictures are my property and in order to use them legally they must have my permission. That's the law~!
          simply report the ad as scam to the website:
          Contact us at ClassicCarsArena.com. We will reply to you in the shortest time possible.

Comment

Law, smaw. They are crooks; why would they care. The fact you even speak with them gives them hope. Just one reason I never answer the phone anymore. If important and legit they'll leave a message... or not.

Comment

And you didn't create a fake email address, contact them to buy it, and find out where to wire the money to then drag it on, and on, and on? I am disappointed in you.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                Law, smaw. They are crooks; why would they care. The fact you even speak with them gives them hope. Just one reason I never answer the phone anymore. If important and legit they'll leave a message... or not.
                I never spoke to them and have no intentions of doing so. What's their 'schtick'~? I can't just not answer the phone because I would miss the legitimate calls. I recently sold my '55 President State Coupe and I just got off the phone with a guy who wanted to know more about my '57 Chevy hardtop.

Comment

Working...
                X