Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1936 Dictator Coupe wrecked. Parts needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 Dictator Coupe wrecked. Parts needed.

A friend of mine wrecked his '36 Dictator coupe over the weekend. The left rear got the worst of it as the images below show. The fender is definitely not repairable so that is the most critical immediate need. While the parts book shows different part number for the coupes and sedans I am thinking the differences is in the mounting to the body which can probably be overcome. So for now seeking LR for either a '36 or '37. Yes, rear section body damage also and some frame repair required. Really a tragedy for such a neat car. I am attaching some "before" images as well. Let me know if you have any leads on parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1753486Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1753487Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.JPG
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1753488Click image for larger version

Name:	rf copy.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1753490Click image for larger version

Name:	rr copy.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1753491
    Attached Files
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

What a great looking auto,I hope U-R successful finding what is required to repair it.

Comment

Richard,
      The sedan fenders can be modified by welding a strip of metal along the inner top edge and relocating the holes I had to do that to my 37. I had the other fender off to use as a guide though. I think there is a taillight with license bracket on Ebay right now. Actually there are three listed. One is under "auto and truck parts" not the vintage parts section. The one below is probably the best buy.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262757595673...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
      Last edited by 5brown1; 02-01-2017, 05:29 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

It looks like the trunk was spared. I hope so. THis is really a bad deal. I hope it goes back together quickly. Speed of recovery sometimes helps to ease the pain.
        sals54

Comment

That is really hard to look at, so sorry for your friend's loss.

Trying to make light of a bad situation though, at least there was no reason to be rear ended, it appears to have a Third Stoplight!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I hope no one was injured, particularly your friend and any passengers.
            Mark L

Comment

Working...
            X