No announcement yet.

Your worst Studebaker decision was...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your worst Studebaker decision was...?

Mine: Trading my beautiful, nearly perfect '52 Commander Hardtop for a dog of '64 GT Hawk!...what fool I was!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

On the bright side, you have a very beautiful and desirable model of Studebaker.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

At the urging of my dad and mom, at age 18, trading my 1955 Studebaker Speedster with a 3 speed overdrive on a new 6 cylinder 3 speed bare bones AMC Hornet. The AMC Dealer at the Freeway and Camelback in Phoenix, allowed $225.00 on the car.

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ

Comment

Ray Courte Motors? Took my 63 Rambler Classic in there at times....they even worked on my 61 Lark a time or two.
        Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
        At the urging of my dad and mom, at age 18, trading my 1955 Studebaker Speedster with a 3 speed overdrive on a new 6 cylinder 3 speed bare bones AMC Hornet. The AMC Dealer at the Freeway and Camelback in Phoenix, allowed $225.00 on the car.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Yes, if I can ever get the bxtxh to run more than 10 miles without something else going wrong....can you tell I'm frustrated?
          Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          On the bright side, you have a very beautiful and desirable model of Studebaker.
          Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 01-27-2017, 09:53 PM.
          Lou Van Anne
          62 Champ
          64 R2 GT Hawk
          79 Avanti II

Comment

I posted mine here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...o-a-Studebaker

And here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...sh-we-had-back!!

Craig

Comment

Waiting until I was 48 to get my first Studebaker.
              Dean Seavers
              Sacramento, CA

Comment

My worst decision was to sell my 64 Wagon. I bought it for cheap. Buffed it out, tuned it up and drove it. It was remarkable.
                Then someone offered me a stupid amount of money for it and I took it.
                Of the hundreds of Studes I've had, this is the one I miss the most.
                sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                  Ray Courte Motors? Took my 63 Rambler Classic in there at times....they even worked on my 61 Lark a time or two.
                  Yes it was Ray Korte Motors. Later, it became Pegler's AMC and Ray Korte took on Chevrolet in Scottsdale.

Bob Miles
                  Tucson AZ

Comment

In 1960 my dad and I cut the body off the 1950 Champion that he bought new, so I could have a bare bones field car for our 40 acres.
                    Then in 1977 I cut the body off a 1963 Lark to make another field car. STUPID move X2

Comment

Selling my '60 Lark Regal hardtop
                      Ron Dame
                      '63 Champ

Comment

Taking a good, quick, retail profit on an authentic, 16,000-actual mile southern (inland Florida) 1964 Hawk in 1986.

I bought the car from the estate of the original owner when he passed away and his adult son brought it up to Indianapolis to sell. I doubt that I will ever again see such a gorgeous, bone-dry, original undercarriage that looked so close to the day the car had been loaded on the transport in South Bend. Astra White, black sports roof, 210 HP 289 with Powershift automatic.

I real sweetheart....but when you're a self-employed used car dealer with a 6 year-old son and 4 year-old daughter at home, you gotta' do what you gotta' do. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	74301_1685644618470_4802138_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1712240Letting go of my 1st Car. The 58 Ford Custom 300 behind it was my 2nd car.
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

Lou are you trying to make me feel bad?
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

This would be an easy one for my Father and Uncle - in '65 or '66, the Studebaker dealer in Bryan-College Station Texas had just gotten a '63 sliding-roof wagon on the used car lot. The dealership rebuilt the four speed and put $1500 on the windshield - under the hood was the best part - R2 engine...

Comment

Working...
                              X