Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec. '07 Hemmings '65 Stude with 13 miles

A friend gave me December's Hemmings yesterday, I just saw this ad:

"STUDEBAKER: 1965 Commander 4-door, brand new, never titled, 13 actual miles, expensive by some standards but cheap compared to auction prices" (and then has an Illinois phone no., 309 area code)

Has anybody checked this car out? I'm amazed I haven't seen any discussion of it here.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

I don't see it on Hemmings.com

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

13 miles? No telling what that car needs for sitting up so long. [xx(]

But I guess if you bought it, you could let it just sit in the garage like it has since 1965. [V]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

13 miles? No telling what that car needs for sitting up so long. [xx(]

But I guess if you bought it, you could let it just sit in the garage like it has since 1965. [V]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Leonard, thanks for posting this. I'd never seen their cars for sale online before. Wish the '65 was there to see (color, engine, etc.). We should put our sleuth Mr. Quinn on the case since he lives in IL!

Interesting '64 Stude factory-built wrecker and Sea Spray Green (OK BP, I know you hate that color!) '63 Wagonaire, both from Freeport, ME, in Hemmings' online listings, below. That's the "Goldenrod Garage" place that advertises in various old-car mags.

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Leonard, thanks for posting this. I'd never seen their cars for sale online before. Wish the '65 was there to see (color, engine, etc.). We should put our sleuth Mr. Quinn on the case since he lives in IL!

Interesting '64 Stude factory-built wrecker and Sea Spray Green (OK BP, I know you hate that color!) '63 Wagonaire, both from Freeport, ME, in Hemmings' online listings, below. That's the "Goldenrod Garage" place that advertises in various old-car mags.

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                If the '64 Wrecker (1 Ton Transtar, 289/4spd.) is one in Maine, it has been listed for sale for at least the past 11 months (they were asking $10,500) - that's when I started my truck shopping.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                [img]
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  If the '64 Wrecker (1 Ton Transtar, 289/4spd.) is one in Maine, it has been listed for sale for at least the past 11 months (they were asking $10,500) - that's when I started my truck shopping.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  [img]
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

[?] Has anyone been able to find the internet link to the 13-mile 1965 with which Bill began this thread? I looked through all 67 Studebakers in Leonard's posted link and there is no "13-mile" untitled car therein. ('Not complaining; I'd just like to see the car!) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[?] Has anyone been able to find the internet link to the 13-mile 1965 with which Bill began this thread? I looked through all 67 Studebakers in Leonard's posted link and there is no "13-mile" untitled car therein. ('Not complaining; I'd just like to see the car!) BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It was apparently in the Nov or Dec 2007 issue.

Comment

Comment

Yes, it was in the December '07 Hemmings Motor News (brown-covered) newsstand magazine. I have the seller's phone number handy if anyone wants it; didn't want to post it here (although I guess that would be no different than it being in the magazine!)

Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by jnormanh

Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

Yes, it was in the December '07 Hemmings Motor News (brown-covered) newsstand magazine. I have the seller's phone number handy if anyone wants it; didn't want to post it here (although I guess that would be no different than it being in the magazine!)

Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by jnormanh

Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X