Helpful LED guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful LED guide

Our Vehicle Bulb Finder is a quick and easy way to locate LED bulbs for your . Whether you're searching for replacements for burned-out or dim incandescent bulbs or if you simply crave the long-lasting, energy-efficient, instant lighting that LED bulbs provide, we've got you covered. It is wise to double check the Bulb Finder versus your vehicle, as a vehicle may come with different bulbs if equipped with a certain option or trim level.
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

I went to their site about a years ago, and they have a lot of nice LED's, but I'm still having problems coming up with 6 volt + ground LED's for my Studes

Comment

I converted my brake lights on the '63 Avanti, but you need ballast resistors in order to make them work. Superbright has everything you need, they have been resourceful, and the CASO in me doesn't mind their prices.

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
        I converted my brake lights on the '63 Avanti, but you need ballast resistors in order to make them work. Superbright has everything you need, they have been resourceful, and the CASO in me doesn't mind their prices.
        Only need ballast resistors if you use the stock flasher. If you use an electronic flasher you don't need them.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

"Only need ballast resistors if you use the stock flasher. If you use an electronic flasher you don't need them."

I never knew that. I wouldn't have gone through the effort of the ballast resistors had I known. What would happen if I now put in the electronic flasher?

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            I went to their site about a years ago, and they have a lot of nice LED's, but I'm still having problems coming up with 6 volt + ground LED's for my Studes
            Ditto!!!...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Hmmm, ballast? Not here..

I've purchased LED tail/brake/signal/park (1157) in red, white and amber from a seller named "Autosaver88" for both my Hawk and Avanti. Fairly reasonable price, free shipping, work very well and just plug and go. I did order some electronic flashers from another source, thinking they were needed, but when they were installed, the signals did not work so the old flasher was put back.

Here's the bulb ad

Click image for larger version

Name:	redled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1712243

Note: After reading some online data points about this, I'll have to check again. However they were tested for quite a while and did not perform those "rabid" flashing symptoms...
              Last edited by 64V-K7; 01-28-2017, 09:16 AM.
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Why is the Avanti the only Studebaker in their list? Or is it Operator Error?
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
                  "Only need ballast resistors if you use the stock flasher. If you use an electronic flasher you don't need them."

I never knew that. I wouldn't have gone through the effort of the ballast resistors had I known. What would happen if I now put in the electronic flasher?
                  Nothing, it would continue work as it should just as with the resistor and the old flasher. You just now have resistors burning off the power you saved by going to LED's just as you do now. If you remove the resistors the load on your electrical system will be reduced.

I changed every bulb in my GT except the headlights to leds, a couple years ago. I bought them from the Ebay seller who's ad is above. Those 68 smd bulbs work fine in the GT but might be too long for a flatter lens. The LED's work great, and use aprox 1/8 the power of the stock incandescent bulbs. Now if every lamp were lit at the same time the total power draw is just 2 1/2 amps, instead of the original 20 amps.

Comment

Working...
                  X