Clock i.d 1959 or 1960 Lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock i.d 1959 or 1960 Lark?

I need a positive i.d on the used clock shown above. I know it is for a 1959 or 1960 Lark but they had different part numbers so I am assuming the dial face or hands were of different colors though they would be interchangeable. The accessory books for the two years have the identical pictures to i.d the clocks but they are black and white so no way to tell them apart. I would like to list this one on ebay but want to provide a correct i.d. Thanks.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Gee, Dick; isn't there a date on that thing? I can't ever remember seeing a clock that didn't have a date stamped on it somewhere on the case. But I guess you would have seen it by now...[8D]

Dwain Grindinger would know for sure, I'll bet. Hopefully, he'll be on the forum momentarily. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gee, Dick; isn't there a date on that thing? I can't ever remember seeing a clock that didn't have a date stamped on it somewhere on the case. But I guess you would have seen it by now...[8D]

Dwain Grindinger would know for sure, I'll bet. Hopefully, he'll be on the forum momentarily. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob; No date. I know most of them were stamped but this one got through without it.

Richard Quinn
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Bob; No date. I know most of them were stamped but this one got through without it.

Richard Quinn
          Richard Quinn

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Richard Quinn
            The only car I have seen that style of clock was in a '62 Lark convertible. I have seen a '60 Lark with a factory installed clock, and it looks exactly like the one in your Accessories guide.

Here is a photo I took of it at the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet in 1984. This one was a Regal, not a Daytona, so no imitation woodgrain on the dash.

Craig

Then again...here's a photo I received sometime ago of a '62 Lark Regal sedan for sale for $5000. [:0] Although its difficult to see, the black faced clock in this car appears more 'correct' with the silver cap in the center.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Richard Quinn
              The only car I have seen that style of clock was in a '62 Lark convertible. I have seen a '60 Lark with a factory installed clock, and it looks exactly like the one in your Accessories guide.

Here is a photo I took of it at the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet in 1984. This one was a Regal, not a Daytona, so no imitation woodgrain on the dash.

Craig

Then again...here's a photo I received sometime ago of a '62 Lark Regal sedan for sale for $5000. [:0] Although its difficult to see, the black faced clock in this car appears more 'correct' with the silver cap in the center.

Craig

Comment

Looking at the picture, the hour hand is different. which one is in the ad, yours is the other one.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars3.jpg[/img=left]
                Tom Bredehoft
                '53 Commander Coupe
                '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction)
                '60 Lark VI (Sold, delivery in early Jan.)
                '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                All Indiana built cars

Comment

Looking at the picture, the hour hand is different. which one is in the ad, yours is the other one.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars3.jpg[/img=left]
                  Tom Bredehoft
                  '53 Commander Coupe
                  '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction)
                  '60 Lark VI (Sold, delivery in early Jan.)
                  '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                  All Indiana built cars

Comment

I'm pretty sure that a '60 clock has a ailver background not a copper color.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1950 2R5
                    1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm pretty sure that a '60 clock has a ailver background not a copper color.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                      1960 Champ
                      1964 Daytona HT
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Tom; As I said above the two accessory catalogs (1959 and '60) show the identical photo. My suspicions is that it is for a '60. Of course all of the 1956-62 non Hawk clocks were quite similar (small and round) except for colors. I guess I could just list it for all of those years and let the buyer put it in anything he wants! Who would be the wiser??

Richard Quinn
                        Richard Quinn

Comment

Tom; As I said above the two accessory catalogs (1959 and '60) show the identical photo. My suspicions is that it is for a '60. Of course all of the 1956-62 non Hawk clocks were quite similar (small and round) except for colors. I guess I could just list it for all of those years and let the buyer put it in anything he wants! Who would be the wiser??

Richard Quinn
                          Richard Quinn

Comment

From my experience if you list something wrong, someone will email you and tell you so. I just had this happen with a clock I listed. I thought it was a 50 Champion clock, but someone emailed me that it wasn't, so I pulled the ad.

Does anyone know what this clock is?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

From my experience if you list something wrong, someone will email you and tell you so. I just had this happen with a clock I listed. I thought it was a 50 Champion clock, but someone emailed me that it wasn't, so I pulled the ad.

Does anyone know what this clock is?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X