Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know of a Good Source For Vintage Tags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know of a Good Source For Vintage Tags?

I want to get a vintage South Carolina tag for my '61 Cruiser, but all I've been able to find have been commercial tags, beginning with "C", or dealer tags, which cannot be registered or used on vehicles. I've tried Ebay, but none are listed from South Carolina, not from that year, anyway. Are there any online dealers who would have a good selection from different states, that go back to that era? There's been an ad for several months now in a local classifieds paper, but I believe it's a scam because no matter when I call the number, there's no answer, just a recording, and my calls have never been returned.

pitbulllady

What do you mean, "tags"? Do you mean the body tags or ar you talking about the serial number plates or something else?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

What do you mean, "tags"? Do you mean the body tags or ar you talking about the serial number plates or something else?
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

He's looking for YOM license plates. i.e. 1961 South Carolina.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Lark 2 door
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

He's looking for YOM license plates. i.e. 1961 South Carolina.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Lark 2 door
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

You CAN PUT A POSTING ON YOUR "MY EBAY" account as to what your are looking for i.e. 1961 south carolina license plate and Ebay will email you when something comes up matching your description.

Comment

You CAN PUT A POSTING ON YOUR "MY EBAY" account as to what your are looking for i.e. 1961 south carolina license plate and Ebay will email you when something comes up matching your description.

Comment

I think I got this guy's card at Autofair in April. He specializes in North Carolina Farm Truck Tags, but may be able to help you:

Curtis Barwick
                103 Country Club Circle
                Clinton, NC 28328

email: cbjw@instrar.net

Hope this helps.

Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

I think I got this guy's card at Autofair in April. He specializes in North Carolina Farm Truck Tags, but may be able to help you:

Curtis Barwick
                  103 Country Club Circle
                  Clinton, NC 28328

email: cbjw@instrar.net

Hope this helps.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pitbulllady

I want to get a vintage South Carolina tag for my '61 Cruiser, but all I've been able to find have been commercial tags, beginning with "C", or dealer tags, which cannot be registered or used on vehicles. I've tried Ebay, but none are listed from South Carolina, not from that year, anyway. Are there any online dealers who would have a good selection from different states, that go back to that era? There's been an ad for several months now in a local classifieds paper, but I believe it's a scam because no matter when I call the number, there's no answer, just a recording, and my calls have never been returned.
                    Google is your friend. Try this search for more sources than you can imagine. http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...license+plates

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                    1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pitbulllady

Google is your friend. Try this search for more sources than you can imagine. http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...license+plates

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                      1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

google: American License Plate Collectors association. There is probably a club chapter in North Carolina, and if not, somebody on their web site can tell you where to find plates--new, used, restored, or about any condition you can imagine. The collectors I have dealt with have all been friendly and helpful, too. Good luck.

Jeff

Comment

google: American License Plate Collectors association. There is probably a club chapter in North Carolina, and if not, somebody on their web site can tell you where to find plates--new, used, restored, or about any condition you can imagine. The collectors I have dealt with have all been friendly and helpful, too. Good luck.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks, I DID find a tag online, and found out it's available for use in South Carolina(I'm NOT in NC, as some apparently thought), and I've ordered it, but have yet to receive confirmation or directions on how to complete the order. Those are supposed to be emailed to me within 12 hours, but I've yet to hear from the guy. I haven't given my credit card information yet, which is good, since the whole 12-hour delay thing is sort of odd, to me, anyway. By far most of the collector tags are not available for use as a "Year of Manufacture" tag, which is what I want, since they are specialty tags designed for military vehicles or commercial vehicles, etc., and SC's DMV does not allow those to be used on passenger-style vehicles, like my Lark.

pitbulllady

Comment

Thanks, I DID find a tag online, and found out it's available for use in South Carolina(I'm NOT in NC, as some apparently thought), and I've ordered it, but have yet to receive confirmation or directions on how to complete the order. Those are supposed to be emailed to me within 12 hours, but I've yet to hear from the guy. I haven't given my credit card information yet, which is good, since the whole 12-hour delay thing is sort of odd, to me, anyway. By far most of the collector tags are not available for use as a "Year of Manufacture" tag, which is what I want, since they are specialty tags designed for military vehicles or commercial vehicles, etc., and SC's DMV does not allow those to be used on passenger-style vehicles, like my Lark.

pitbulllady

Comment

Working...
                              X