Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice '57 President offered in TW

Hi
    This '57 President Classic is offered in the January '08 TW. I brought up the webpage, it's really a nice one!!!!

Steve

Indeed! A pretty car. I'm wondering if the 57 Pres standard that was at SB found a home. Anybody know? I think SI was fielding it there, for sale. Seems they wanted 10.5K for it. It was as pretty as this one, if not moreso.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Indeed! A pretty car. I'm wondering if the 57 Pres standard that was at SB found a home. Anybody know? I think SI was fielding it there, for sale. Seems they wanted 10.5K for it. It was as pretty as this one, if not moreso.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That '57 looks alot like one that used to be runnin' around down here in SoCal. Same colors, but a much lower asking price... I wonder where it went?

That car you're thinking of at SB was a '56.
        Give Craig time- he'sgot pics of it!!!

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
        '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
        '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
        '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That '57 looks alot like one that used to be runnin' around down here in SoCal. Same colors, but a much lower asking price... I wonder where it went?

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
          '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, Bud Gruver was the one that had that President you're talking about. I saw him in SB and asked him what had become of that car. He sold it and if I remember right, it stayed in California somewhere.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Dave, Bud Gruver was the one that had that President you're talking about. I saw him in SB and asked him what had become of that car. He sold it and if I remember right, it stayed in California somewhere.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

[size=4]That '57 looks alot like one that used to be runnin' around down here in SoCal. Same colors, but a much lower asking price... I wonder where it went?

Are you thinking of this one, Dave?

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

[size=4]That '57 looks alot like one that used to be runnin' around down here in SoCal. Same colors, but a much lower asking price... I wonder where it went?

Are you thinking of this one, Dave?

Craig

Comment

Craig, I was just about to post that very pic! (Thanks again for sending it my way!)

I sure do like that Glenbrook Green and Seaside Green paint combo. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Craig, I was just about to post that very pic! (Thanks again for sending it my way!)

I sure do like that Glenbrook Green and Seaside Green paint combo. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Yes, that's a pretty 57 President Classic, with the quarter windows in the rear doors. But, since it's a Classic, where's the hash marks on the rear fenders? And where's the V8 emblem on the front fenders? For the price, I'd expect it to be complete and correct.

Frank Starr
                        Seattle

Comment

Yes, that's a pretty 57 President Classic, with the quarter windows in the rear doors. But, since it's a Classic, where's the hash marks on the rear fenders? And where's the V8 emblem on the front fenders? For the price, I'd expect it to be complete and correct.

Frank Starr
                          Seattle

Comment

It's missing something else pretty important, too...even if it was a Scotsman! BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It's missing something else pretty important, too...even if it was a Scotsman! BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X