Snowy Studebaker in NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowy Studebaker in NC

I know for a lot of y'all, what we have is not a lot of snow. But for us, it is a pretty decent snow, probably 7" and still coming down. Here is a Studebaker in the snow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker in Snow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1753345
    Last edited by r1lark; 01-07-2017, 06:27 AM. Reason: resized picture
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

A friend and I are currently on our way home to Florida from western Pennsylvania. We just crossed into Virginia heading south. It's 6 degrees and I've seen more snow than I ever want to see again.

I was hoping that the weather would start clearing up soon but it looks like we've still got a lot of snowy snow to go through, at least according to your picture. My view isn't nearly as pretty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20170107_100919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1711904

Comment

A Nor'easter predicted for the Boston area today!.....12-18" of snow predicted!....NOW I should be able to get the "Avanti In The Snow,--Everyday Driver" pictures that Jeff Rice (deepnhock) has been asking for since last summer!!

Comment

Matt, the further south you go the worse it is going to get. Hunker down and wait it out. Here just on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge we have 7" and it's still coming down. Just 90 miles east of us at Richmond they are at about 10" or so. Supposed to stop around Noon but who knows.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Here, Blue Ridge foothills, upstate S.C., it is quite a pretty scene to those of us who don't have to venture off the hill. I had to go out, fish my garden hose from under the snow, and hose the snow off the satellite dish to get the television working again. Funny to see the Poodle make a quick dash in & out this morning. Instead of his usual goofing off, it was a quick dash into the snow, leave a small yellow spot, quickly return to wipe his feet on the towel kept just inside the door, and demand to be cuddled until he warmed up.

I trudged out to the pasture to check on my two little female pygmy goats. I built them a three sided mobile shed on wheels. Inside that little enclosure, I placed one of those igloo doghouses. They apparently hunkered down last night as the snow began. Both were curled up together in the straw, content to stay put. Not a single hoof print in the snow. I checked out my generator yesterday, just in case the wind gets up, knocks trees over power lines, and we loose power. As long as the firewood holds up, we,ll be fine.

I'm not sure of our neighbors across the road. The new houses were built on lots where the only level ground is where they bulldozed the foundations. One wrong move on those steep driveways and they will slide down the hill, across the road, and take out my pasture fence. I plan to keep my camera ready for the insurance claims.

For Matt...hope you make the trip safely. Stay alert and take the opportunity to enjoy & keep this as a memory of youthful adventure.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here in Eastern NC (I-95) near the VA line we have about 6" so far and still falling. Our porch seems to have a nice coating of sleet and freezing rain and then the snow on top of that. Not a good combination for traction.
            Wayne
            "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

We are back in Florida and currently about an hour away from our destination. Happy to be seeing green grass again. You guys can keep the cold stuff.
              Last edited by mbstude; 01-08-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Looks like it is taking a little nap under a blanket. A blanket of snow that is.

Comment

Paul, that's a lovely sight. Reminds me of the Crate & Barrel ads this past Christmas. Stuey is also under a snowy blanket, but not nearly as picturesque.

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                  I know for a lot of y'all, what we have is not a lot of snow. But for us, it is a pretty decent snow, probably 7" and still coming down. Here is a Studebaker in the snow:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61146[/ATTACH]
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I hope that 63 is not a skytop

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                      I hope that 63 is not a skytop
                      Don't worry, it didn't hurt it.

Plus, a couple hours later all the snow got cleaned off it.
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                      X