Oldest Chapters in SDC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Chapters in SDC??

The Potomac Chapter celebrates its Golden Anniversary this year (chartered April 1967). What other chapters go back to the early days of SDC? Any "plank owners" out there?
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

The Ocean-Bay Chapter was also formed in 1967. The original name was the Rhode Island-Massachusetts Chapter.

Comment

Midway Chapter was the first chapter in Kansas. Formed in 1970. We still have several charter members in Midway and Kaw Valley Chapters.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Not sure of the real date but 1968 I think for the Sequoia Chapter and Fred Fox was and still it the #1 member and the one and only chapter treasure we ever had, my # is 84 and Paul Johnson was a member back then, what was your number Paul if you still remember?
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The Long Island Chapter got its charter in August, 1972.
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Keystone Region Chapter held its first chartered meeting in September 1968 at R.B.Winter State Park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1711883
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

We had the inaugral meeting of the Studebaker Car Club of Australia here in Melbourne on Dec 4th 1967.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Conestoga Chapter was started in 1968.
                Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  Not sure of the real date but 1968 I think for the Sequoia Chapter and Fred Fox was and still it the #1 member and the one and only chapter treasure we ever had, my # is 84 and Paul Johnson was a member back then, what was your number Paul if you still remember?
                  I don't remember, but it would have been later than yours since I didn't join until fall of '69.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Hudson Valley Chapter, SDC (NYS) was chartered in the Spring/Summer of 1969. I was a charter member. I joined SDC in 1968 (when I learned of its existance from an article in Motor Trend).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I found out about the SDC in 1968 through an ad placed in an automotive magazine by a fellow named Tom Harton of North (or possibly South) Carolina....At the time, Tom was BIG into '56 Golden Hawks!

Does anyone remember Tom?

Comment

Working...
                      X