$800 Prize 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $800 Prize 53

When you own a Studebaker everyone wants to tell you or show where another one is. A friend found this one on a corner outside a junkyard. Of course we rode to see it. Totally shot. Looks to have actually been under water. Interior is destroyed old Cadillac seats and just a mess. I offered to remove the roof drip rail stainless and buy it but the owner said only selling the whole car...$800 takes it.
    Attached Files

Shame it's not in better shape or I'd offer to split it with you and we could each take what we need but looks like slim pickins.

Comment

That looks like a pretty good head light.

Dean.

Comment

perhaps I'm not as CASO as I think I am...seems to me that price isn't out of line if the grill surrounds are not cracked and the front end sheet metal can be saved...even with the hood kinked there must be some gold in there somewhere...
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

No it's bad. It really appears to have been submerged. I've seen a lot of Studebakers at 59 and this one has rust where I never saw rust...like the entire generator was a block of rust. The inside top of the roof rust. I always look for parts but I think the only parts here may be hard steel like maybe a rear axle housing or maybe a block but the pits from the rust may even stop that. It's weird when stainless has rust marks.

Comment

Working...
          X