Shipping Weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Weights

Can someone post a chart or list a web site that lists shipping weights for Stude cars and trucks? Thanks

Do you have the brochure for your particular car? All the weights are listed on the specifications page.

Craig

Comment

I can tell you the weights, by model, for postwar cars (not on one chart/list). Just post what car you want the weight for and I, or someone else, will post the weight.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Unfortunately, the only way to know today's CORRECT weight, is to go to a certified Truck scale and weigh it.
        That way, if you want the Front/Rear weights you can get it.

But for Registration purposes and curiosity reasons, the advertised dry shipping weight is close enough.
        It always seems to me to be quite light, even without Liquids.

Most years after 1958, if you guessed 31-3200 for V8 Wagonaires, Convertibles and Hawks and 3000 for the rest, for Studebaker's stated, Dry Shipping Weight, you would be close.

My Cars have always weighed considerably more.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 12-28-2016, 01:40 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I hope you are not using this reference, because it is bogus as far as weight is concerned. My 48 Champion Starlight definitely weighed at least 3,000 pounds in stock form.

Classic cars,classic car, old cars,old car,antique cars,collectible cars,vintage cars,historic cars, classic car specs, old car specs, antique car specs, vintage car specs, classic car parts, antique car parts, old car parts, vintage car parts,car museums,antique muscle car, old muscle car, old poney car,old car repair,antique car repair, old car repair center, antique car repair center, classic car restoration, classic vintage car, classic auto, old classic car, old classic cars, car engine specs, car specification, car specifications, car database, engine specs, car specs, car restoration, car parts, car museum
          Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
          See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

What I want to do is compare weights of multiple cars and trucks without having to list each one individually.

Comment

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
              I hope you are not using this reference, because it is bogus as far as weight is concerned. My 48 Champion Starlight definitely weighed at least 3,000 pounds in stock form.

http://www.classiccardatabase.com/sp...48&model=29183
              There was no Starlight in 1948, so I assume that you mean a five passenger coupe. For Champion models, I have 2670 lbs. for a DeLuxe and 2690 lbs. for a Regal DeLuxe. Remember, that you have to add for any options and accessories. (I didn't look to see how this compares to your reference.)

EDIT: I looked at your reference and it also shows 2690 lbs.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

fastjohnll, as a reference, my car, a 55 Commander Coupe is listed at 3065 "shipping weight" on a couple of sites, the actual weight out at our state-approved (and required) weigh station is 3440 with 1/4 tank of gas, spare out, jack out, no extra stuff in the car at all, and me NOT in it.

Comment

One thing to remember is that the base shipping weights listed in Studebaker pubs is for a stripped vehicle with no optional equipment and NO fluids. Things like radiator coolant, oil and gas, heater, larger tires, OD or automatic trans, etc can easily add 400 pounds to a vehicle weight. That is why states like to weigh vehicles themselves -- the published weights are essentially bogus.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X