PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay deal of the century.

MacMyers
10-05-2006, 08:22 AM
http://tinyurl.com/q5r9s

Gee... I wish I had the dough.............[:p]

Proud dumper of:
The one and only 1963 BEND OVER POOP HAWK
And the 1966 Messtang!

65cruiser
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
The interior is certainly roomy[8D].

BTW, whatever happened to the Poop Hawk? Inquiring minds want to know[:I]

quote:Originally posted by MacMyers

Proud dumper of:
And the 1966 Messtang!

http://home.alltel.net/anderm/images/smstude.jpg

65cruiser
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM

quote:Originally posted by MacMyers

Proud dumper of:
And the 1966 Messtang!

http://home.alltel.net/anderm/images/smstude.jpg

CHAMP
10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
That seems like a lot of money for a project car with no motor or trans, or interior!:)

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

CHAMP
10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
That seems like a lot of money for a project car with no motor or trans, or interior!:)

bams50
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm sure Mac was kidding...

Gotta be some kind of fake/spoof listing...;)

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

bams50
10-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm sure Mac was kidding...

Gotta be some kind of fake/spoof listing...;)

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

sbca96
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, if you read the text, the car has a lot of work done to it, and
it comes with some parts to finish. Hard to say how good the work has
been done, and where the starting point would be. I agree its a lot
of money to dump up front, but if the work was quality, its a good
jump on what could be a NICE car. Would have to be seen in person.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires

sbca96
10-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, if you read the text, the car has a lot of work done to it, and
it comes with some parts to finish. Hard to say how good the work has
been done, and where the starting point would be. I agree its a lot
of money to dump up front, but if the work was quality, its a good
jump on what could be a NICE car. Would have to be seen in person.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires

imported_n/a
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd like to have seen MacMyers rehab his poophawk, but I do realize that sometimes circumstances prevail. What I'd really like to know is how this can be considered a "1948 Bulletnose". Though it appears that the body shells are very similar to 50-51 models, is it feasible to switch both the front end assembly, and the rear quarters and tailpanel(?) to make the switch? As far as the price goes, maybe the decimal point is in the wrong place due to a typo. [8]

imported_n/a
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I'd like to have seen MacMyers rehab his poophawk, but I do realize that sometimes circumstances prevail. What I'd really like to know is how this can be considered a "1948 Bulletnose". Though it appears that the body shells are very similar to 50-51 models, is it feasible to switch both the front end assembly, and the rear quarters and tailpanel(?) to make the switch? As far as the price goes, maybe the decimal point is in the wrong place due to a typo. [8]

CHAMP
10-05-2006, 02:26 PM
The Bullet nose front-end swap to 48 Stude. is popular among street rodders. The N.S.R.A only allows 48 and back to most of their functions. I think a lot of the so called 48's with bullet nose are really 50-51's that have been titled as 48's?[8D]

CHAMP
10-05-2006, 02:26 PM
The Bullet nose front-end swap to 48 Stude. is popular among street rodders. The N.S.R.A only allows 48 and back to most of their functions. I think a lot of the so called 48's with bullet nose are really 50-51's that have been titled as 48's?[8D]

bradnree
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

And....with '48 to '54 Chevrolet trucks....Brad

bradnree
10-05-2006, 07:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by CHAMP

And....with '48 to '54 Chevrolet trucks....Brad

Transtar56
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
"Would have to be seen in person"

What, with all those great photos?

Transtar56
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
"Would have to be seen in person"

What, with all those great photos?

CHAMP
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Your right about the chev trucks Brad. I've been going to N.S.R.A. events for the last twelve years and none has ever asked to see my title or registration card. My car can be any year I want to write on the registration form.:)

CHAMP
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Your right about the chev trucks Brad. I've been going to N.S.R.A. events for the last twelve years and none has ever asked to see my title or registration card. My car can be any year I want to write on the registration form.:)

MacMyers
10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

[B)]
I dumped it on Ebay for 950 bucks. Guy just north of me bought it. He pulled the heads, did some valve work, changed all the fluids and got it to start although it only idles and any attempt to increase RPM's causes it to stop running. It's like the throttle is an off switch [V]
It has a 3 speed auto trans. Neutral, Neutral, Neutral and a Neutral reverse. Brake lines are not even THERE. He bent the nose a bit rolling it into a tree in his yard unloading it. The rear end was apparently only attached by a thread and the rear springs were gone or not attached or something. I forget.
After he put in the new fluids he found most of them on the ground the next day. He felt bad (before he left with it on a trailer) because he thought he got the car too cheap.... I felt bad (after he worked on it) because I sold him a cheap car. But at least I was brutally honest.
He did find the original 4 barrel manifold and carb in the trunk along with a rusty muffler that somehow did not fall through the hole in the trunk that I could have fit through.
So now I'm just working on the 1966 mustang so I can sell it and get another stude. Like the world needs another 66 mustang.
Mac

Proud dumper of:
And the 1966 Messtang!

MacMyers
10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

[B)]
I dumped it on Ebay for 950 bucks. Guy just north of me bought it. He pulled the heads, did some valve work, changed all the fluids and got it to start although it only idles and any attempt to increase RPM's causes it to stop running. It's like the throttle is an off switch [V]
It has a 3 speed auto trans. Neutral, Neutral, Neutral and a Neutral reverse. Brake lines are not even THERE. He bent the nose a bit rolling it into a tree in his yard unloading it. The rear end was apparently only attached by a thread and the rear springs were gone or not attached or something. I forget.
After he put in the new fluids he found most of them on the ground the next day. He felt bad (before he left with it on a trailer) because he thought he got the car too cheap.... I felt bad (after he worked on it) because I sold him a cheap car. But at least I was brutally honest.
He did find the original 4 barrel manifold and carb in the trunk along with a rusty muffler that somehow did not fall through the hole in the trunk that I could have fit through.
So now I'm just working on the 1966 mustang so I can sell it and get another stude. Like the world needs another 66 mustang.
Mac

Proud dumper of:
And the 1966 Messtang!