Hamilton production 1948 photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton production 1948 photos

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of the body drop on the first Hamilton assembled car, a Champion (August 18, 1948). I have a few more. Cannot attest to these being the first but taken likely the same day as all of the photos were together in the same envelope. These show another Champion but with the optional five-blade fan so different than that previously posted. Note in image #1 additional engines on the floor to left.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	engine install copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1753282Click image for larger version

Name:	body drop2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1753283
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Maybe that car was equipped to handle those hot Canadian summers.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      These show another Champion but with the optional five-blade fan so different than that previously posted. [ATTACH=CONFIG]60786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60787[/ATTACH]
      I count six blades on the fan, in the body drop photo?

Mark
      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Always nice to see factory assembly line pictures. In the first picture, I wonder why the manifolds are darker than the block?
        Too bad they didn't use more color photography back then.

In the second picture, it sure seems like having the hood installed at this time is really putting it in the way. I would have thought the hood goes on last.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
          Always nice to see factory assembly line pictures. In the first picture, I wonder why the manifolds are darker than the block?
          Too bad they didn't use more color photography back then.

In the second picture, it sure seems like having the hood installed at this time is really putting it in the way. I would have thought the hood goes on last.
          Thats the problem some of us get into trying to line up the hood with the fenders when originally it was the fenders to the hood
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks Richard. I always love seeing the assembly line pix. The ones you just posted are amazingly sharp.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Richard,
              These are so cool to see. My late father and his younger brother worked there in 1948. My dad til the plant closed. Thank you for sharing.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
              studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
              X