Exhaust Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Tone

In this video clip from Studebaker, the Hawk has a beautiful exhaust tone (check 14 seconds - 20 seconds).

This is the Studebaker Hawk segment of "Different by Design", the Studebaker Dealer Promotional Film. 1964 was the last year for the Studebaker Hawk Model.

My question is: is this a "factory" sound or was it augmented?

I have heard the supercharged Larks and Avantis at PSMCD and figure they have a combination of a high-flow muffler and supercharging and full throttle to get that roar that I only hear on Studebakers.

Can that video sound be had on a non-supercharged Studebaker V8?

Thanks,

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

George: I've seen & heard any number of "old-timey" video clips of cars at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The sound dubbed in on that video sounds mighty suspicious...it sure is not that 1964 Hawk shown in motion! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

George: I've seen & heard any number of "old-timey" video clips of cars at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The sound dubbed in on that video sounds mighty suspicious...it sure is not that 1964 Hawk shown in motion! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X