Zip Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Van

More requests for Zip Van parts. Throttle parts for 2nd on the floor throttle. Red tail light lenses, NOS Auto-Lamp 400, red. Three screws hold them on. I need 4. Thanks, Art Smith. No lenses at Studebaker International.

Art,

I don't think I have a Zip Van parts book, do know the Studebaker parts number(s) for the parts you're looking for?
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Art, 1657752 is the Red Tail and Stop Light Lens, Lens Gasket 1657753, Tail Light Housing to body Gasket 1657750, but all of these are 2 per vehicle.

It also requires (6) No. 6 -32 X 5/8 " Screws.

My Parts Catalog is dated Nov. 1963.

UPDATE: OK, I see why it is 2 Per; the Rear "Directional Signal" Lenses are the same Red ones, not Amber so a Total of (4) each.

The Lower Throttle Lever 0312-7 is called a "Bellcrank and Pedal, accelerator", Part Number: 1697796.

The ROD to the Upper Bellcrank (Cross shaft and Lever) is 0312-13 #
      with Swivel 0312-13-1 #
      195716, a very OLD Stude. Car Part. and it's spring/wave washer: G120392 a Standard Part, and Cotter Pin 1/16" X 3/4".
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-21-2016, 02:55 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

When I traded my Zip Van, I included several cartons of NOS Zip Van specific parts. I know that it included things like the tail lamps. This doesn't help you because all that I remember is that they went to a young lady in south New Jersey. Perhaps someone in NJ knows who got the parts. It is likely that most are still available - not high usage items.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Do you need a new steering box? A Zip Van parts book?
          Rob in PA

Comment

Hmmm, ... looks like Art is away for the Holidays.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I have been busy. I have all three of the Zip-Van books. Very helpful. I have located two members that have a lot of parts that I need. I appreciate all of the help that has been offered. To stude1964 my steering box is fine. Thanks. At the Chuck Naugle auction today, 21st and tomorrow, two men are checking out the 3 Zip-Vans that are there. Possibly I will find the remainder of the parts that I need. For the earlier members that indicated that International had a lot of parts that is true. If you are doing one of these vans send them your wants and they are very quick to answer. Almost nothing is listed on their on line web cite. Thanks again for all of you that have helped. Will stay in touch. Art Smith

Comment

So does that mean that you located all the parts you needed rom SI?

Comment

Working...
                X