Pay it forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay it forward

When I got my 1961 Lark 2 door hardtop, I also got a boatload of parts. Much of the stuff I have is duplicates and some is not needed for the car. I have limited storage and would like to get rid of a few of the larger pieces. I am looking for input into what these things are worth. I will likely offer them for considerably lower than their actual worth in an effort to pay it forward for the incredible deal I got on this car and the parts.
    Here is what I will likely put up for sale:

2 NOS lark hardtop doors (assume they fit a 1961)
    1 NOS left rear lark fender
    Front and rear glass for 1961 lark
    a bunch of quarter windows

I also have a bundle a trim pieces that would choke a blue whale.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

You have some good hard to find items, so be careful and be happy when done, don't need to rake any one over the coals but be happy.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Hello, thank you for offering up these probably '61 Lark Parts for sale.

If you measure the Length of that NOS Rear Quarter Panel, someone here will be able to verify that the former owner did in fact purchase a 2 Door Panel rather than the shorter 4 Door one.

If someone were to drive a distance to get it that would be a Major disappointment if it's wrong. There may be a Part Number sticker on the inside as well.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi, I sent you a private message concerning the doors. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Hello, thank you for offering up these probably '61 Lark Parts for sale.

If you measure the Length of that NOS Rear Quarter Panel, someone here will be able to verify that the former owner did in fact purchase a 2 Door Panel rather than the shorter 4 Door one.

If someone were to drive a distance to get it that would be a Major disappointment if it's wrong. There may be a Part Number sticker on the inside as well.
          I will pull them out and check for a number. I also have a used rear fender in really good shape.
          Last edited by nckid4u; 12-21-2016, 01:09 PM.
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1882.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1711626Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1884.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1711627 Here are a couple pics of one of the doors.

Comment

If it has a Part Number on the Rear Fender, it would help determine if it is the very similar '59-'60 Lark 2 Door with the Tail Light Bulb Socket 1/2 Hole on the rear, or the '61 Lark without the 1/2 Hole.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 58L-J8 Guy View Post
                Hi, I sent you a private message concerning the doors. Thanks
                Did you send it from a different user name? I got a PM about the doors, but not from you.

Comment

Originally posted by nckid4u View Post
                  Did you send it from a different user name? I got a PM about the doors, but not from you.
                  I will try to PM you again about the doors. Thanks

Comment

For a 1960 hardtop, l'm looking for the die-cast outer door mouldings located at the top of the door sheet metal. l have no body parts manual (l have the other two).

So, does anyone know if the '60 and '61 (and '62?) door die cast mouldings are the same?

Thanks in advance for any info.
                    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                      For a 1960 hardtop, l'm looking for the die-cast outer door mouldings located at the top of the door sheet metal. l have no body parts manual (l have the other two).

So, does anyone know if the '60 and '61 (and '62?) door die cast mouldings are the same?

Let me dig through what I have and see if I even have one. I might. There is a ton of trim pieces in my pile of goodies. Are you talking about the chrome ones about 2" wide?Click image for larger version

Name:	lark.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1711634
                      Last edited by nckid4u; 12-22-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Roger, I have the drivers side door trim that is pitted and needs rechroming and a driver quality vent window. If you want or need either, I can bring to our Jan meeting in Grimsby. When I was seeking the trim for my convert, most vendors told me that the door trim fit all 60 to 64 convert & hardtop models. Next to the back windows, not the case. Different for convert & hardtop for each year.
                        Bob
                        Bob
                        Welland Ontario
                        60 Lark Convertible
                        64 Daytona
                        sigpic
                        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

nckid4u, yes, both left and right sides are needed. It's a fairly nice car with a strong engine and very good body and deserves some better chrome.

Bob, if they fit '60 (and '59?) to '64, that is great news! Thanks for the offer for the pitted pieces, but lll try for better ones first.

nckid4u please let me know! PM here is best, l guess. Thanks for endeavoring to help!
                          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post

59-62 hardtop and convertible door belt moldings are the same. Part numbers 1327192 and 93. 63 and 64 are different.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Once I muddle my way through Christmas, I will dig out the trim stuff. It is in the attic and takes a little time to get to. I will let you know what I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X