Cheap Avanti In NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Avanti In NC

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/5912737777.html I don't usually repost ads here, but this may be a good deal for the right person.

This one was auctioned several months ago. It is a worthwhile project but not at $5500. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

As is often said, "There's nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti (or insert ANY restorable vehicle here)!

Comment

Depending on the condition of the underside, as the frame and chrome look OK, the price may not be that far off. The old round eyed ones are getting tougher to find to bring back to driver condition. A lot of pricey parts are also there.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          Depending on the condition of the underside, as the frame and chrome look OK, the price may not be that far off. The old round eyed ones are getting tougher to find to bring back to driver condition. A lot of pricey parts are also there.

Bob
          Suppossed to be a new frame and it did look good. Interior was mostly savable but not great. There were a lot of high $$ parts, probably worth the money if one intends to part it out but there was also some stuff I couldnt find at the auction. It is NOT a quick resto as the car was comletely dismantled. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the Avanti that was restored on the show Phantomworks. The shop owner, Dan, complained about all the work that needed to be done but he was supplied lots of parts by the owner and the car came out really nice.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Anyone interested in this car needs to take a really good inventory of what parts are there, and what parts are not. And keep saying to yourself, there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti......there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti.........there is nothing -- oh well, you get the idea.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                Suppossed to be a new frame and it did look good. Interior was mostly savable but not great. There were a lot of high $$ parts, probably worth the money if one intends to part it out but there was also some stuff I couldnt find at the auction. It is NOT a quick resto as the car was comletely dismantled. Steve
                Being there sure beats looking at it on line like I did. Just thinking it would be a decent driver with some TLC but a long way from a complete resto. Always better to start with a good one to restore.

Bob

Comment

I like the zinc chromate looking differential.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                    I like the zinc chromate looking differential.
                    Epoxy sealer/primer. Lots of parts had been done. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

...just made me think of military airplanes, that's all.

Comment

Looks like a nice project, price, if considered against the parts, isn't too bad=as a parts car. Considering the headaches trying to put it back together, not worth the effort, unless some nostalgic or personal connection to it. And, I don't have a pole barn to store the pile of parts in, till parted out.

Comment

Working...
                        X