Has anyone seen seats like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen seats like this?

This seat is in a '63 Cruiser where the owner claims it is the original seat. Possible if they had the dimple-plastic covers. What makes me ask this question though is the symbol embossed in the center top of the seat back. In my experience this is a lark. On this seat it appears to be the lazy S. Were there seats done like this?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Looks correct to me....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Not color but here is an example from the day

Comment

I have seen this on the ear seats of 63 Cruisers, but not the front seat. The material, vinyl and cloth is correct and it is not easy to emboss that emblem and surround in the vinyl, so I believe it is correct. Probably on a Daytona.

Mark

Comment

The '63's as Ron said, had a Lark bird in that spot where there is an "S".
          This seat is NOT a Cruiser seat, no Armrest. It was put in the Cruiser from something else.

A '63 Studebaker Standard maybe? OR, a Canadian Lark.

The "Example" in Post #3 is an all Vinyl Seat, the one Ron showed is Cloth & Vinyl, hence the pattern change.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

From 1963 'Features and Facts Folio'

Click image for larger version

Name:	63cruis.int.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1711453
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              The '63's as Ron said, had a Lark bird in that spot where there is an "S".
              This seat is NOT a Cruiser seat, no Armrest. It was put in the Cruiser from something else.
              It is a Cruiser front seat which did not have a fold-down armrest.

And a Cruiser seat did not use the 'Lark in flight' emblem, as a 1963 Cruiser was not marketed as a Lark model.

Craig

Comment

From 1963 'Features and Facts Folio'

Click image for larger version

Name:	63.cruiseat.1.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1711454Click image for larger version

Name:	63cruiseat.2.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1711455

Comment

Hey Rich! Snowing here, it's coming your way!

Comment

Looks fine to me...Will Sanders has a bunch of those ....

Comment

I know the Daytonas were done differently than the Cruiser. I have two Daytonas wagons on the property. Also a pair of two-doors, one a Standard the other a Delux. The two-doors were both driven into the ground and one had seat cover after seat cover just pulled on one after the other. Both of them had the lark in the back seat. Front seats were split bench. The wagons both had bench seats in the front and both seats in each had the bird. So it was a surprise to see this emblem with a simple 'S' on it in a Cruiser, of all things. I would have thought the company would have at least done something a bit more... well, elegant for their high-end car.

Thank you all for your insight on this. Looks like Grandma really took good care of the original upholstery and this really is the original seat.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                        I would have thought the company would have at least done something a bit more... well, elegant for their high-end car.
                        Sure they did!!! You just had to pay EXTRA for it!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=broadcloth

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X