Gas Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Door

Been awhile since I have logged in. Retired, building a house, seem to be busier now than when I was working. I recently had my 56 Golden Hawk painted and I am in the process of putting it back together when I ran into a small problem that I can't figure out. Putting the gas door back on I can't figure out how the door spring goes back on. Just wondered if someone would have picture of one installed. Thanks for any help this one has been a little of a pain

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3684.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1711450GT Hawk should be the same.

Comment

Good picture, and that reminds me.........I'll bet I haven't oiled or brushed grease on those springs yet. I like to be sure all moving parts are lubricated.

Comment

I use a product called Triflow for things like that, it's a dry lube so it doesn't attract dirt. http://www.triflowlubricants.com/
        Having offered that, I have to admit I haven't given any thought to lubing those springs.......

Comment

Ed, are you SURE that Gas Cap on your Hawk is Vented? It looks like a Sealed Cap for an Avanti with the Red vapor spray warning Label or Premium Fuel Required.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, cap is vented. I added the decal myself, it's a "use premium only" decal from SI.

Comment

Thanks for the pics spring is on and gas lid working

Comment

Working...
              X