Car Craft Top 21 @ 2016 MCACN...OUCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Craft Top 21 @ 2016 MCACN...OUCH!

Ed George and Crew score again: The Studebaker display at The 2016 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals November 19 and 20 was #5 in Car Craft's selection of the Top 21 displays (single car or multiple cars).

A big OUCH on the obvious error in the text; YIKES!

(Where is Tom Shaw when we need him?)

Oh, well, Ed; congratulations again. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob I have alerted Bob Ashton about this so corrections will be in order I am sure . He told me the Studebaker Display exceeded his expectations so that is very positive ! Bob asked me to focus on Hawks next year so I have 3 lined up already and Avantis as well as Larks are encouraged as well . Ed

Comment

Ed:

If you are interested in a 56 Golden Hawk mine will be available as I will be retired at that ime and can make the car available for the display. Thanks for your efforts. To promote our favorite cars.
      It is an addiction!

Comment

Joe it would be Great to have your 56 in the Show . Please call me when you have a chance . 708 250-2213 . Looks like we have 4 Hawks so far . Bob Ashton will start promoting next years show after the New Year so the sooner we get cars registered the better because he may use them in advertising . He has used Studebakers in a small handout for the last 2 years . Ed

Comment

"The cars on display ran the gamut from boxy Ambassadors ...."

Is he calling the Daytona an "Ambassadors?"

WT*#%*?

Comment

Sebastian, maybe Geoff Stunkard needs to be reminded that they are '63 and '64's since he likely was not around then! Dah!

And nice, clean squared-off (Boxy to some) designs were all the rage at that time, just look at a Dodge, Plymouth, Chevelle, Olds Cutlass Supreme etc. of that Era.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
              Is he calling the Daytona an "Ambassadors?"

WT*#%*?
              That's far from the first time, I've heard something like that! Most people just don't pay as much attention to the details of Studebakers as we do! There may be some kind of general similarity between the styling of some certain Studebaker and Rambler models. I remember listening to a radio program, I believe it was nationally broadcast in my younger days, called the Dr. Demento show. There was a song they played sometimes, I'm not sure of the name? It was about a guy driving in the fast lane on the freeway, in a Cadillac. The lyrics I remember were something about seeing a "little red Rambler" in his rearview mirror going "Beep Beep" and the efforts he made to outrun it. With his response being something like, "I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn" and in the end he had to just pull over and let him by! I always liked to suppose that the inspiration for that song was really a Jet Thrust Lark and the writer was just making this same common mistake!

Mark
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

That song came out around 1957/58. I like the last line "can you show me how to get this out of second gear" At 110, I would imagine the pistons would be changing holes and revs would be around 6,000 rpm

Gosh, I'm old

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ

Comment

Well I had to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

Hope you like it.

Bob Miles
                  Tucson AZ

Comment

So this incorrect information has been picked up by MSN, and further spread around!
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                      That song came out around 1957/58. I like the last line "can you show me how to get this out of second gear" At 110, I would imagine the pistons would be changing holes and revs would be around 6,000 rpm

Gosh, I'm old

Bob Miles
                      Tucson AZ
                      Not being born until '59, I think it was sometime in the seventies when I first heard it? Without knowing when it was actually released, my Lark inspiration theory made a little more sense. As would the Cadillac shown in the video you posted. It seems to me I may have already discussed this at, some point in the past and had it pointed out that the release date preceded Lark production. It may have even been Craig Parslow with his incredable powers of reccallection who was responsible for doing that but that was long enough ago that it didn't come to me until after I saw your reply?

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                      Well I had to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

Hope you like it.

Bob Miles
                      Tucson AZ
                      It would be better if it was a Lark instead of the Rambler? But, yes Bob I do still like it, Thank you!

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      So this incorrect information has been picked up by MSN, and further spread around!
                      I would hope that anyone who considers themself a knowledgeable reliable and respectable source, would be eager to publish a correction as soon as they were made aware of their error. Could I really be so wrong about that?

Mark
                      Last edited by S2Deluxe; 12-07-2016, 03:06 PM.
                      sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                      X