"55 Studillac Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "55 Studillac Speedster

Finally got my '55 Speedster/Cadillac back from the painter, got the vent windows in and the halo installed. Waiting on a few mechanicals before I haul it (or drive it) home.
    Attached Files
    Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
    ______

'51 Muntz Jet
    '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
    '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
    '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
    '56 Corvette SR replica

Keep us in the loop.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That looks very nice!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Love the color combo! Well done.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

DAAAAAAAAANG ! ! ! ! ! Thats gonna look pretty wicked KOOOOOL when its done, eh?
          BTW... Cadillac. As is LS version? or 500 cu in El Dorado version? or Old School 331 version??? Enquiring minds wanna know.
          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
            DAAAAAAAAANG ! ! ! ! ! Thats gonna look pretty wicked KOOOOOL when its done, eh?
            BTW... Cadillac. As is LS version? or 500 cu in El Dorado version? or Old School 331 version??? Enquiring minds wanna know.
            It's a '55 331 + 0.030, Isky cam, '56 carb and intake, Sanderson headers.
            Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
            ______

'51 Muntz Jet
            '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

WOW, Gorgeous!! I love the color combo AND the fact you went "Old School" Cadillac.

Just in case you may be interested I have a McCulloch Supercharger mount for an early Caddy that's just sitting on the shelf.
              Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Man, that is cool... Love the paint color. Having owned an 'original' '53 Studillac, these old Caddie powered K bodies will always be a favorite..

Comment

Originally posted by vetteson View Post
                  It's a '55 331 + 0.030, Isky cam, '56 carb and intake, Sanderson headers.
                  Ooohhhh, awesome. A period piece. I love those. Dripping with nostalgia and envy, eh?
                  sals54

Comment

vetteson, if you haven't done so already, would you kindly post the serial & body numbers of your President Speedster for the roster index?...Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      vetteson, if you haven't done so already, would you kindly post the serial & body numbers of your President Speedster for the roster index?...Thanks!
                      I passed it along to you about a year ago. It's on your registry.
                      Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
                      ______

'51 Muntz Jet
                      '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

Originally posted by vetteson View Post
                        I passed it along to you about a year ago. It's on your registry.
                        Thank you!...I asked this question since other than keeping owners names (of certain Speedsters) for a historical perspective, I decided long ago only to keep track of the cars themselves,..... current condition, options, sale prices....And in sequential order, body order, engine number (if possible), transmission type, and which factory the particular Speedster was built at....Ed

Comment

That looks Quite stunning! How much of the trim will you be deleteing, if any? I'm a little disappointed, there's no pictures of the engine. It sounds like it should be pretty awesome! It's hard to tell from the pictures you posted, whether you're using the '53 - '54 or '55 front clip? What will be filling the hole I see, in the hood?

Mark
                          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                            That looks Quite stunning! How much of the trim will you be deleteing, if any? I'm a little disappointed, there's no pictures of the engine. It sounds like it should be pretty awesome! It's hard to tell from the pictures you posted, whether you're using the '53 - '54 or '55 front clip? What will be filling the hole I see, in the hood?

Mark
                            Here are a couple of pictures, the engine needs to be cleaned, has overspray and dirt/dust everywhere. The nose is fiberglass '53, I'm not replacing the side trim, just the fender. The hole in the hood will have a low scoop to clear the top of the carb

Click image for larger version

Name:	10003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1711444.Click image for larger version

Name:	10002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1711443
                            Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
                            ______