Source for '62 Daytona AC Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Source for '62 Daytona AC Dryer

Restoration work continues on my early1962 Daytona. I am no where close to finished but making progress. With any luck the car may be road worthy (not finished but road worthy) sometime in late 2017. The AC unit is original to the car and I want to refurbish and convert the unit. The AC did work prior to dry storing the car many years ago and the compressor still seems to be ok. I understand what will need to be done to convert from the original freon but am hoping someone might know a source for a dryer/accumulator that will fit without a great deal of modification. Thanks!!

Have purchased both from Vintage Air for my 62 Daytona and Wife's 57 Silver Hawk. Luck, Doofus

Comment

If you want to stay totally original, these folks will restore/rebuild your original dryer: http://www.classicautoair.com/restoration-services.html
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I checked their website and did not see a listing for any Studebakers. Thanks for letting me know of your purchases! I will give them a call.

Joe

Comment

I don't know if the compressor clutch will need a rebuild or not. I am glad to know about this site....I am sure their will be issues that I will need help addressing. Thanks for passing along this information!

Joe

Comment

You will have to use a special pag oil that is designed to work with both the old freon and the new stuff. They sell adapters to screw on the the gauge and charging ports so that the the new style gauges can be used.The old style are screw on and the new style are quick disconnect.
            Hawkowner

Comment

I was not aware of that....thanks for the info!

Joe

Comment

Working...
              X