Trim Moldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Moldings

What year did they switch from cast to stainless on C/K bodies for cowl and belt line moldings?

Thanks in advance
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

I dont think they ever did. The lower cowl moldings are chrome plated pot metal on my 64 hawk. The uppers though are stainless that surround the windshield. There are no belt line moldings just the tops of the fenders and run back to the tail lights. They where that way from 62 on.
    Last edited by swvalcon; 11-21-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
      What year did they switch from cast to stainless on C/K bodies for cowl and belt line moldings?

Thanks in advance

1955 only. All others use chromed pot metal.
      Bo

Comment

1955 Coupe only. They look nice, but don't exactly fit right at the front of the doors on a hardtop. I just installed some.
        My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
        sigpic
        Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
        in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Thanks Bo + Studeous, are the molding clips different...and are they available?
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I wish my 55 hardtops had the stainless. Both are real "pimply" and figure lots o money to get right. Or I could fill the mounting holes and call it factory experimental.
            Bruce Sandburg has a 61 Hawk and the belt line on his car is stainless. It does not look like any other I have seen but it looks good on the Hawk. His car was a first place winner in class in Nashville way back when.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
              I wish my 55 hardtops had the stainless. Both are real "pimply" and figure lots o money to get right. Or I could fill the mounting holes and call it factory experimental.
              Bruce Sandburg has a 61 Hawk and the belt line on his car is stainless. It does not look like any other I have seen but it looks good on the Hawk. His car was a first place winner in class in Nashville way back when. Bob Miles Tucson AZ
              So the Judges missed the '55 "C" Body Belt Line Mouldings. Lets see 2 Points X 4 = -8
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bill,

PM me and give me your contact info. I parted out a 55 C body Regal this summer and saved all the stainless and clips. I have it all documented well as to where the clips went with dimensions photographically. I have good shots of the clips themselves as well. I am building a 53 rod and intend to use it on that car. I do have some extra 55 trim I would sell as I have been collecting it for a while, no extra clips though. One shot below.

JKClick image for larger version

Name:	SANY1021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1711221

Comment

Working...
                X