Air filter housing 62 gt hawk v-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air filter housing 62 gt hawk v-8

When I bought the 62 it had a small aftermarket air filter on the 4-bbl. A friend tightened the wing nut too tight and broke the plastic between the carb and the small chrome filter holder. Have not been able to find a new plastic piece. Considering just buying another one similar to the one just mentioned. But would like to have an original type. Any suggestions? Thank you to any who can help me.
    Jimmie
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Your best shot of actually getting a 4 barrel Air Cleaner to fit a Carter WCFB, is to buy a 2 Barrel and cut the larger hole in it.

The 4 barrel Dry Type are quite hard to find, I have an Oil Bath I might sell, but they are a lot easier to find.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for getting back with me. I have the filter housing for a 55 V-8 Commander 2 bbl. I haven't looked at it for a long time. I do not think that it would work from what I remember. I am going to look at it.
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana
      1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Well I was thinking a '62 to '64 Lark, Lark Type or Hawk with the center Stud Mount.
        They are Carb Mounted, not over the Valve Cover Mounted like a '55 to '58.

Also the '59 to '61 V8 2 Brl. fits only the Carbs. with a Clamp rather than a center Stud.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Check with Summit or Jegs racing parts. They sell replacement spacers that will save the air cleaner you now have. Bud

Comment

Working...
          X