ID:	1752047Click image for larger version

Name:	14925247_1007459469383754_8618142901952227548_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1752048Click image for larger version

Name:	14955980_1007459746050393_7356971410032739437_n.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1752049Picked up a good solid 53 Champion Coupe today. was about 100 miles up the road from me. Even has a Black plate! Has a battery hold down, but no battery.
    Neil Thornton

Click image for larger version

Name:	14937305_1007459259383775_4865460760117888981_n.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1709853Had one little mishap on the way home.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Very cool nice color combo.

Comment

Nice find. A 53 would be the next car I'd like to find.
        Seems a lot of car trailers have blowouts.
        Happened to my friend, and he didn't carry a spare nor a jack, so it got expensive for him to get back on the road.

Comment

Just another exploding Radial, the Ply separation seems to kill all of them after only a few years, not nearly as long lasting as a good Bias Ply. I have had several explode on Cars just sitting in the Field!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great car find, and great to see you are "out and about." Your rehab and therapy must be going well.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Just another exploding Radial, the Ply separation seems to kill all of them after only a few years, not nearly as long lasting as a good Bias Ply. I have had several explode on Cars just sitting in the Field!
              I fully agree Rich. The old polyglas Radials were great. I don't know why the got away from them. I'm gonna go to Tractor Supply and see if I can find some bias ply tires.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                Great car find, and great to see you are "out and about." Your rehab and therapy must be going well.
                I am healing up very well John. My Therapist is very pleased with my progress. I still think it's taking too long to heal.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

'Looks good, Neil; and great that it has a battery hold down. We'll all sleep better tonight. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Yep. I built a 2 wheel utility trailer and just had it parked in the yard.
                    One day I came out and found my radial tire had exploded, which left me wondering why or how that could have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      'Looks good, Neil; and great that it has a battery hold down. We'll all sleep better tonight. BP
                      Yes Bob, I thought you would like that.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Dang what a find! How's the underside?

Comment

I suspect that this is it's second 'barn find'. Appears it was restored complete with the '53 Georgia YOM plate in the late '70's/early '80's maybe, after being found in a barn, only to be put back in a barn after a few years of use.

Craig

Comment

Looks really nice, even before cleaning.
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Josh spent the afternoon cleaning and shining. Found a few more flaws but still not bad. Underside looks good as well. The guy I bought it from, Roger, said The original owner died and his heirs sold it to him 6 years ago. Roger had big plans for it but put it in a shed in 2011. Never got back around to it. He is looking to sell his property and has to get rid of his stuff. Roger has LOTS of Stuff! Only one Studebaker though.
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X