• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lynch 53 Studebaker

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim-lynch-1953-studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1752051does anyone know if the Jim Lynch chopped stude is still around? if so is there anyway I can get in touch with the present owner? ANY help in locating this car would be greatly appreciated . Thanks John:
    Last edited by sweetdick2; 11-03-2016, 12:36 PM.

There's a slight chance here he's avoiding you.

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

http://www.lake-wildwood.com/sunbeam/2010/july2010.pdfA guy I know had one,sure looks like the same roof,but his had a more'customized' body. Packard-like taillights,for one thing. He passed away a few years ago,and his family was trying to sell the car-for $75,000.
        Just that roof makes me wonder if it could be the same car? this is in LaSalle,Illinois,so it fits the "in the Midwest somewhere" notation. I had always heard his was customized by another well-known customizer,in Mendota,Illinois. Maybe he bought the car with the custom roof and added his own ideas? Scroll down in link to see red Studebaker.
        Last edited by 52hawk; 11-01-2016, 06:33 AM. Reason: add link
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I seem to remember that car from the mid fifties when I bought the little magazines at the corner drug store with custom cars and hot rods.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

that back window sure does look like it..hope it ain't so, I loved the original version.. a few years ago someone from the forum knew the car and gave me the phone number of the owner, I got in touch with him but he said he was thinking of keeping it fClick image for larger version

Name:	Customs-illustrated-march-1963.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1709862or his kid.
            Last edited by sweetdick2; 11-03-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X