1966 Cruiser Nice for Only $2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Cruiser Nice for Only $2000

Just saw this on MPLS craigslist for only 2 K. 283 automatic and it looks clean.
    I told you Studebakers were under appreciated and under valued.
    I really should grab this one for myself, but I just don't have a spot to keep it.

Yes a very good Buy at 2K! All that shows is the Right Headlight Rim is misplaced and there may be damage behind it because the Bumper is bent.

Opps, there is another Dent in the Left Rear Quarter.

Also it needs a Left Front Fender, it's caved but still worth the Money.

This is not a Car I would buy from a distance, it needs to be driven to tell if there is Frame or Steering damage as that was a pretty hard Side Hit, and may have hit the Tire/Wheel.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-29-2016, 05:09 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As is, it would make a nice winter rat.

Comment

Actually, I think it's a heck-of-a nice car for the money! I'd love to have it! thank Heavens it's so very far away...
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
          As is, it would make a nice winter rat.
          Not in the Minneapolis area!! There would not be much left of it by spring!!

Craig

Comment

check the floors !

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Not in the Minneapolis area!! There would not be much left of it by spring!!

Craig
              Alternatively, could pump another $6000 into it, then have $8000 in a $4000 car. Then, spend more $ each year to provide care and feeding, only drive it a few times per year. As is, it would last 3-5 years as a winter rat just about anywhere, then pillage the carcass before sending it to China. Can't save them all as, "show cars". Some of them need to be driven, and this one is an excellent candidate. JMHO

Comment

Alternatively, could pump another $6000 into it, then have $8000 in a $4000 car. Then, spend more $ each year to provide care and feeding, only drive it a few times per year. As is, it would last 3-5 years as a winter rat just about anywhere, then pillage the carcass before sending it to China. Can't save them all as, "show cars". Some of them need to be driven, and this one is an excellent candidate. JMHO
                I got 25 years out of a '65 Commander like that, and never drove it in winter. I've driven it to several International and Zone meets between 1985 and 2010 when it was finally laid to rest after being 'used up'. I'd rather'd see someone get 25 years out of it by using some diligent consideration by not accelerating its demise in not driving it in road salt where one would only get 3-4 years out of it if they're fortunate.

Craig

Comment

Joe, I can tell you don't really have the disease.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

No, I don't think Joe is "afflicted" with the Studebaker Purist or Hoarder Disease!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Put a little bondo in the rear fender, and used fender on the front an a Maco paint job and you have a nice driver that you can fix when broke for very little money.

Comment

I was thinking of taking a look at this car, but with 5 cars already, I wouldn't have a spot to put it. I would use it to drive back and forth to work. Its a cool little car!

Comment

Working...
                        X