Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem on 63 Lark Wagonaire

Good Morning.

I got my Wagonaire up and running finally and now I have a new problem. My clutch was feeling a little funny and the next time i pressed the clutch in it made a pop sound and pedal went to the floor. What is the likely problem. The clutch return spring appears to be intact and the linkage has not come apart. The pin on the linkage side of the input sleeve is intact. Think the pin on the transmission side is good but did not remove. I had a problem like this on my old mustang and it was easy to figure out as the return spring broke. Before I start tearing things down does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

If all the linkage is indeed OK, then either the pressure plate has failed (stuck applied), or the release shaft 'arms' that press on the clutch throwout bearing have slipped on their splines.

Comment

I have also seen the coupler on the shaft shear the pins internally without showing any outwards signs.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Im leaning toward the arm slipping on the splines. I hate to pull off the transmission to find out. Had not considered problem with pressure plate. Ill check the transmission side pin when i start to tare it down.

Comment

2 man diagnosis....for external linkage...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ37122 View Post
            Im leaning toward the arm slipping on the splines. I hate to pull off the transmission to find out. Had not considered problem with pressure plate. Ill check the transmission side pin when i start to tare it down.
            Yes, as long as its all coming apart anyway, re-aligning the release arms to their original location and giving them a secure 'mig' weld will solve that issue forever!....Good luck!

Comment

Are you SURE you looked closely enough at that Pivot Pin on the Frame Bracket for the Clutch Bellcrank, it is on the Engine side of the Firewall.

Just last week, we had a poster here looking for that NLA Pivot Pin.

See Post #16 here:

Last edited by StudeRich; 10-29-2016, 04:31 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X