Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Stude Coverage in 2016 MCACN Brochure

Wow!

SDC's Ed George and MCACN Promoter Bob Ashton have knocked it out of the park with the wonderful Studebaker Preview Coverage in the glamorous 2016 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Preview Program now in the mail to the appropriate people / requesters. 'Just got mine in the mail yesterday and it was wonderful to see the Studebaker Preview Page done up with so much excitement:

Front Cover:

Studebaker Display Promotional Page:

Man, we cannot thank Ed George enough for the astonishing work he's done, accumulating all these Studebaker SS (Studebaker Significant Supercharged) cars for this incredibly-prestigious show. Be there or be square!

More information in this earlier thread...but I wanted to start a new thread so's to give Ed the exposure and credit his enthusiasm and work richly deserve. (Well-executed, Ed; thanks so much.) BP

Last edited by BobPalma; 10-25-2016, 08:06 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks Bob. That is super coverage! Looks like the $2000 Craigslist 64 R2 HT is the secret Barn Find. Amazing that such a rare Stude was still sitting outside after all these years. What a great display of cars at the MCACN. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That looks like it's passed the point of a clone R4! Looks like a fun car but this show in mainly for historic cars that are or have something to do with the factory or car company they were built by. They do have a section for modified and I believe that's where that car is going to be displayed. It will be nice to see the Studes in each section at this show. The only section I believe we are missing a Stude in is the Pure Stock display.

Comment

Originally posted by ChitownStude View Post
        The only section I believe we are missing a Stude in is the Pure Stock display.
        And an R-series Skytop for the special 'Muscle Cars With Factory Sunroofs' theme circle. Unless someone surprises me, we were unable to locate one in time.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk
          Gotta love Halls' "stock" Avanti.
          I don't think there is a person on this forum that doesn't? Are you saying that the first Avanti to go 200 at the salt flats doesn't have historical significance? Lol... It is going to be in the lobby of the show where other historical race cars are typically....
          Last edited by ChitownStude; 10-23-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Bob thanks for posting this and to all that are bringing cars as well as attending . We have had replica Bonneville shirts made to show unity and a Studebaker Perfomance disscuiion planned similar to the 2013 presentation at the Museun covering Studebaker accomplishments . Since 2013 our first time at the show i have reached out to many including The Studebaker Museum about being a part of this . Last year in March I came up with the idea of an R-3 Powered Car display since the Hemi Cuda And Challengers were so well received in 2015 . After approval from Bob Ashton I started reaching out so thankfully we are well represented this year and cars are located in appropriate locations . Seems like there is a lot of new interest and that's what this is all about so hopefully after this year Studebaker owners will continue to participate . Ed

Comment

Posts deleted so it doesn't piss any more exclusionary people off.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I was sure hoping to make it to the show this year but it's not going to happen. Look forward to the program in the mail the next couple of days and coverage from everywhere.
                Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I am also looking forward to the show.it would be great to have four Firestone 500's on the car. I have three and looking for the fourth.

Comment

Great promotion, Ed, and good luck with the show. I'm still chained to a desk or I'd be in the cheering section. Attaboy.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I plan to be there.
                      Any of you guys going?
                      Would be nice to meet some of the Studebaker brethren in person.

Comment

Finally... Some well deserved notoriety!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                          I plan to be there.
                          Any of you guys going?
                          You'll see several Studebaker guys there, Lynn. I'll be there Saturday and Chicago-area locals like Ed George's group will be there several days as well as Saturday. 'Hope to see you. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                            I plan to be there.
                            Any of you guys going?
                            I plan on being there Sat Noon to Sunday PM so it would be good to put some faces with some names. Bob

Comment

For those that didn't get the flier

While John Hora's #9 was not on the main page posted, it was pictured at the top of the "Schedule of Events" early in the magazine. Here is a picture that admittedly could be better, maybe someone else will post a better one. Thanks to Ed for pulling this together and I am happy to contribute to getting more interest and attention for Studebaker performance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X