Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions concerning the turn signal switch and canceling cam ( 55 president )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: questions concerning the turn signal switch and canceling cam ( 55 president )

If you own a 55 president ,does your turn signal lever come back to netural postion when you turn the corner? Last time my signal lights work , I had to bring the lever back to the Neutral Position .... I think ( guess) I got a 1956 canceling cam in there from Chuck Collins.... Does any one have a picture of a 55 canceling cam on their column ,that they can post ? And does anyone have a picture of a 1956 canceling cam on their column that they could post? It's a long shot , but thought I would try this... What year did studebaker add their first turn signals ? I have here that General Motors started with rear Turn signals in 1939 ,( Buick) Then in 1940 the General added front turn signals ,and the canceling cam .... Mike

There are excellent Photos in the Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog in Electrical Section.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you Stude Rich , I was gonna say I don't think SI has any more of those 1955 canceling cams.... Mike

Comment

14x7, my 55 Commander works perfectly, canceling every time, so guess it's a factory thing.

Comment

Think you might have a broken piece or maybe just gummed up.pretty complicated mechanism in there and needs a little TLC. also while working on this it wont work with wheel off! don't ask! Luck Doofus

Comment

Ok , thanks , gonna look at a chassis manual soon.

Comment

1939 Buicks had rear turn signal built in a lamp assembly mounted in the center of the trunk they also had a hill holder and a sun roof as accessories.
              Hawkowner

Comment

Working...
              X