Production Order Recieved Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order Recieved Today

I received the production order for my driver 61 Hawk on Saturday. PO says destination was Fresno, Calif / Ermine white / Brown interior / 4 speed / Tinted windshield, long gone / PCV, (a Cali thing?) / Power brakes, also gone / Tachometer / Undercoating / 354 axle / Firestone / White sidewalls / Climatizer / Back up lights / Radio, still works / Clock. It appears that the California black plates that came with it are legit. The uppermost sticker, (what's left of it), is yellow, 1988. 1986 and clearly 84 below. So it appears that it spent the first half of its life in Cali. I bought it in Michigan and the previous owner said he bought it from someone in Texas.

I also got the PO for the 53 I am building on Racing Studebakers. It was originally sold in Bronx NY. I also got the PO for the 55 I cut up this spring, it was sold in Montclair, NJ. I bought it in Minnesota, they bought it in Oak Creek , WI which is near me. It is interesting to see how far these cars travel, registered or not.

Later,

JK

I'll sure be glad when mine for our "new" 55 gets here ! Had one for the Avanti we once owned, and it was very interesting !

Comment

A few other things I was glad to see on the PO were the key codes and that the engine is the original according to the sheet.

JK

Comment

Yes, PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) would have been a mandatory California option.

'Sounds like a nice car; 'nice that it got both a factory tachometer and factory clock, so no one has ever chopped up the dash to install them. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here is a window price sticker I completed a few years ago with prices as shown for member with a '61 Hawk. Let me know if interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61 hawk wps harding copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1709519
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
          X