Pics from a Stude adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from a Stude adventure

Some of you may recall I bought 13 Studes from a gentleman this fall.Ed Bauer sent me a disc of pics he took that day.With help from Ed,Mike Rasset,Greg Meyers and Jim Kise we moved most of the cars in one day and the following link will let you see the vehicles and guys involved.Next time you folks in non rust belt areas mention a car is too rusty remember these

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Hopefully these will load up fine.Let me know.They are not in chronological order...the barn pics should be last.There are 46 images.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Yikes!
    Every joint in my body started talking (no...warning) to me about the pain involved there...
    But... It sure looks like fun!
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yikes!
      Every joint in my body started talking (no...warning) to me about the pain involved there...
      But... It sure looks like fun!
      Jeff[8D]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Just where did all this back breaking work take place? Looks like a faithful Champ got called to duty![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Just where did all this back breaking work take place? Looks like a faithful Champ got called to duty![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
          http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Well, I see it's got a Minney-sota plate.
            Looks like quite a harvest of parts, Bob! Lookin' at those green windows, I'd have thought they were Pacific NW cars!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Well, I see it's got a Minney-sota plate.
              Looks like quite a harvest of parts, Bob! Lookin' at those green windows, I'd have thought they were Pacific NW cars!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Unbelievable. 'Glad you guys rescued all that stuff.

Maybe the complete cars are nothing to brag about, but it is good to know they'll be properly inventoried and parted out. All too often, stashes like this are bulldozed in one fell swoop and crushed, and that's that.

Good show. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Unbelievable. 'Glad you guys rescued all that stuff.

Maybe the complete cars are nothing to brag about, but it is good to know they'll be properly inventoried and parted out. All too often, stashes like this are bulldozed in one fell swoop and crushed, and that's that.

Good show. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Way to go, Bob! That should keep you busy through the winter. [8D]

Looking at the picture of the '56 Power/Flight Hawk, that must've really been a good lookin' gal that walked by!

And isn't that picture the most perfect Studebaker junkyard setting you've ever seen? [)] '55 Coupe, '56 Hawk, '51 Starlight, and of course (just for StudeDave57) a '56 sedan!

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Way to go, Bob! That should keep you busy through the winter. [8D]

Looking at the picture of the '56 Power/Flight Hawk, that must've really been a good lookin' gal that walked by!

And isn't that picture the most perfect Studebaker junkyard setting you've ever seen? [)] '55 Coupe, '56 Hawk, '51 Starlight, and of course (just for StudeDave57) a '56 sedan!

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Speaking of parting out, just spoke to the owner of this '52 pickup. While he is in Richmond, this truck is 3 1/2 hours from me. However, it looks good enough to get. Anyone need a project?

More pics here:

Comment

Speaking of parting out, just spoke to the owner of this '52 pickup. While he is in Richmond, this truck is 3 1/2 hours from me. However, it looks good enough to get. Anyone need a project?

More pics here:

Comment

The neatest part of the whole deal was that the owner was a long time Studebaker man,Ron Danielson.At age 72 he decided it was time for the cars to go BUT he didnt want them to go straight to the crusher.Thats where I came in.The price was fair enough that even with the work involved I can make my money back and parts get into the hands of folks who can use them.A win-win for everyone.I'm not doing much with them during the winter as the shed where they are is 70 miles from my house.I chose that shed as it was 20 minutes from where the cars were at and it made moving them a lot easier.Come spring I'll be a busy guy.

Comment

The neatest part of the whole deal was that the owner was a long time Studebaker man,Ron Danielson.At age 72 he decided it was time for the cars to go BUT he didnt want them to go straight to the crusher.Thats where I came in.The price was fair enough that even with the work involved I can make my money back and parts get into the hands of folks who can use them.A win-win for everyone.I'm not doing much with them during the winter as the shed where they are is 70 miles from my house.I chose that shed as it was 20 minutes from where the cars were at and it made moving them a lot easier.Come spring I'll be a busy guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X