Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG thanks to the board for their help for my book (BUY a signed copy>>>see within)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG thanks to the board for their help for my book (BUY a signed copy>>>see within)

Hi....several times over the past year, I solicited the help of board members in sorting several Studebaker performance topics for a book I was writing for CarTech, Inc. (one of the threads HERE!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selling the American Muscle Car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1751918

Well, Selling the American Muscle Car: Marketing Detroit Iron in the 60s and 70s is finished and will hit bookshelves later this month. For a signed copy, please visit this website:

For a preview of the book, you can visit the publisher's site (scroll to the bottom and find the appropriate tab):

I know Bob Palma and George Krem from the Pure Stock Drags, so they were very helpful in this endeavor. However, a lot of other folks here were happy to help find elusive answers, so to you too!

Will you be at the MCACN show in November selling your book?

Craig

Comment

Yes, I will!

Comment

Sounds great!!

Craig

Comment

Diego had Proof Copies of the book's various sections at The 2016 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race, but not the complete book just yet, and allowed me to read them over thoroughly.

The Studebaker section is excellent; more pages and material than you'd ever expect, with really nice photos, both contemporary color and period black and white, some of which I had never seen! George and I worked with Diego to be sure the Studebaker section was complete and accurate...and as far as I am concerned, it is. The Studebaker National Museum and others helped supply photos as well.

If the book's topic interests you and you'd like assurance that Studebaker is well represented, and accurately so, I can assure you it is. I can't wait to get a copy now that they are rolling off the press. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            <snip>If the book's topic interests you and you'd like assurance that Studebaker is well represented, and accurately so, I can assure you it is. I can't wait to get a copy now that they are rolling off the press. BP
            Will you guys quit writing so many "Studebaker" books!!!

I was back in the Studebaker National Museum Monday and plunked down $26.70 for a copy of Stu's "My Father The Car."

So how much is this new book going to set me back???

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
              Will you guys quit writing so many "Studebaker" books!!!

I was back in the Studebaker National Museum Monday and plunked down $26.70 for a copy of Stu's "My Father The Car."

So how much is this new book going to set me back???
              Hey Jim, thanks for the purchase. Hope you enjoy it.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thanks, Bob!

Comment

I wonder if it would not hurt to see who all wants to pick up a signed copy at the MCACN show, to ensure there will be enough copies on hand for everyone. I know I would like one.

Craig

Comment

I am not responsible for the inventory brought to MCACN - that's the publisher's deal. I have nothing to do with it other than to sign books.

My site, on the other hand, gives me the opportunity to sell books and assist my bottom line beyond the royalties.

So if you're going to be at MCACN and they run out, you know you can purchase a signed copy from me at retail+shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                      I am not responsible for the inventory brought to MCACN - that's the publisher's deal. I have nothing to do with it other than to sign books.

So if you're going to be at MCACN and they run out, you know you can purchase a signed copy from me at retail+shipping.
                      Good to know this. Thanks for the heads-up!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X