No announcement yet.

The NEW Studebaker National Museum's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Studebaker National Museum's...

...website!

Back in June I heard this would be coming. Now that its just gone live, this is your chance to "Proof read it" and find any corrections, links that don't work, comments, etc.

Check it all out here: https://studebakermuseum.org/?utm_co...m_medium=email
    Last edited by 56Golden; 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM.

Did it last night and found everything works and it is easy to use. Sometimes it is slow to change screens. I did not check all of the spelling. As a matter of fact I placed a store order when on the site. Thanks for all of the hard work. Understand the new ED eveen had a hand in writing some of the code when you got stuck. It's great to have an all round handy ED.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The only error I have found is an item that they have for sale. It is a T-shirt with an image of a 1963 Daytona convertible with a 1962 grill mesh. We wouldn't want to mislead the non-Studebaker crowd with an image of a non-factory-correct Studebaker.

I looked in the archives and see many great photos. I am considering purchasing some of them to frame and perch on my shelf. Also, I notice the availability of the production orders with additional documentation in regards to the dealerships and such.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I can tell you that it is NOT dial-up friendly. I could easily reach the old SNM site. I attempted to get to the new web site when I got an e-mail from the SNM with a link to the new web site and from your link. Each time, I waited at least five minutes and received nothing (five minutes is my limit). I can live without it, but I wonder how many potential users of the SNM web site are now cut off. Some computer people (web designers), especially younger ones, think that everyone has the latest and best.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,
          New web designs have different and more modern security certificates and your system won't necessarily work with it. I am webmaster for a province wide organization and for some of our members who operate older systems, switching search engines did the trick. If you have not done it, try using Google and see if it improves for you.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
          studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ View Post
            Gary,
            New web designs have different and more modern security certificates and your system won't necessarily work with it. I am webmaster for a province wide organization and for some of our members who operate older systems, switching search engines did the trick. If you have not done it, try using Google and see if it improves for you.
            I do not believe that to be the case. Today, I had a bit better connection. I received some of the new SNM web site in five minutes. This means that I am not blocked by my computer software. I believe that it is just the sheer amount of data in the new SNM web site or the way that it is organized. I am able to get to all kinds of other web sites.

I am thinking that there are people that the SNM will never know of that will not be able to get to their new web site.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank all of you who have had input to this tread. I will be at the SNM in the morning. If they are not already aware of this tread I will alert them.

And please don't stop posting here …the more eyes & input they get as the new Studebaker National Museum website is launched, the better they can make it!!!

Comment

Working...
              X