Who was Herman Hersch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was Herman Hersch?

Does anyone know who Herman Hersch was? When they were tearing down the Engineering Building I found a bunch of old Turning Wheels and Avanti magazines addressed to Nate Altman, Geoff Newman and Mr. Hersch whom I've never heard of before but figure he had to have something to do with SASCO or Studebaker. Thanks

Herman worked at Plant 8 (parts warehouse) until it closed in the early 70s then went to Avanti parts when it was in bldg 69 after that and worked there for a number of years. He was known for being able to get most anything you wanted....sometimes out the side door.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks, Tim.

Comment

Herman worked in the Parts Department at Studebaker (SASCO) and if my memory is correct was one of the 12 last hourly workers that lost their jobs when Studebaker closed Plant 8 and sold the parts to Avanti Parts. Herman joined Avanti Parts and spent several years with them. A wonderful gentlemen who was a joy to deal with. I guess the publications were transfered to Newman-Altman when Geoff bought the inventory from Avanti Parts and then were moved when Dennis Lambert bought the parts and moved them to the old Engineering Building

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtown Commander View Post
          Herman worked in the Parts Department at Studebaker (SASCO) and if my memory is correct was one of the 12 last hourly workers that lost their jobs when Studebaker closed Plant 8 and sold the parts to Avanti Parts. Herman joined Avanti Parts and spent several years with them. A wonderful gentlemen who was a joy to deal with. I guess the publications were transfered to Newman-Altman when Geoff bought the inventory from Avanti Parts and then were moved when Dennis Lambert bought the parts and moved them to the old Engineering Building
          As mentioned in my earlier response Herman was not an hourly employee, he was salaried.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dirty dozen 8 x 10 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	1709377
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

If you sent him a couple bucks he would copy production orders. Really a true gentleman.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
            X