Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I see electrical switches at Harbor Freight a couple saturdays ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I see electrical switches at Harbor Freight a couple saturdays ago?

I went in for a hand held grinder , about two Saturdays ago . I'm in the process of getting my Bluetooth working in my 55 stude ,president ,259, with 6 volt postive ground. Somebody in a another post said I may have to buy seprate switches . I never go into Harbor Freight , as it isn't close , but they have great ads in the Magazines .. So can you tell me did I see DC electrical switches for cars , I try to just pick my stuff and go .... Never bothering to Look ,at other stuff... Mike

Most auto parts stores carry a pretty good array of electrical switches etc, especially stores that have a car audio section. Years ago I made a 12V negative ground source for my '32 Studebaker so I could run a few modern accessories in it. I used a regular 6VDC to 12VDC converter mounted in a plastic box with a cigarette lighter type plug, had to be careful to insulate anything I mounted to the car's frame or dash.

Comment

Here is what I use on my 6 volt positive ground Studebakers and Model A's. Just wire the center of the socket to ground and the other wire to any power source. My GPS works fine on 6 volts, as do most GPS and cell phone chargers.

Comment

I was wondering about this. Great tip. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
        X